Chapter 35

Authors P.O.V

Later that Night

After everyone eats dinner and goes their separate ways. King waits for at least 30 minutes practicing how he's gonna burst in before heading towards the office they were told was off-limits during the house tour.

When King gets close to the door he can't hear anything everything is completely silent. They were not joking about some parts of the house being very soundproof.

King lifts his hand to knock but remembers his words he's about to chicken out and run back to his room and never come near the office.

"Jordyn ain't train a bitch" King mumbles stretching because he knows he's about to go on a rodeo. King takes a deep breath after stretching, puts his hands on the doorknob, and opens the door abruptly, steps inside, and closes it softly for Nacia's sake. Damn baby ruining his dramatics.

He starts to walk over to Trey who hasn't even looked up from his paperwork. King wonders if he's ignoring him because he knows it's him. Rude ass King thinks mentally.

He honestly should have expected this, but it's perfect because it makes him angry frustrated which are the perfect emotions to get him through this rodeo.

King slams his hands on the desk trying to get Trey's attention and it works. Trey looks up at King and King gulps. He looks so handsome with glasses on King almost forgets what he's there for.

"You can't follow a damn rule?" Trey questions his voice staying neutral which is a surprise to King because he expected the man to start shouting or cursing him out. He's making it hard to start a fight.

"No," King says taking a seat across Trey like he was invited to do so. Trey lets out a frustrated sigh.

"Can I help you?" Trey questions and King clears his throat dramatically and takes a deep breath as if he's about to drop a bomb.

"Take me on one of your missions" King states with a sweet fake smile on his face and Trey gives him an unimpressed look. Trey debates on whether he should entertain King or simply leave the room.

"No," Trey says as he goes back to his work King takes the pan out of Trey's hand and throws it somewhere.

"Can you leave me alone?" Trey questions annoyed and King almost backs down, but he remembers he's just as annoyed with Trey's attitude.

"Why can't I go?" King questions ignoring Trey's request.

"Because I said so now relocate yourself" Trey states leaning back on his seat pinching the bridge of his nose letting out a sigh. It's like talking to King mentally hurts him.

"Why can't I go give me a real answer you asshole," King says rolling his eyes. He hates the because I told you so saying it's so annoying. You're not the boss of anything.

"Now I'm an asshole for keepin your annoying ass alive," Trey says shaking his head. Something about King just irks him, so he tries to avoid him.

"Awe you want me alive," King says putting his hand over his heart low-key feeling touched by Trey's sweet words? Trey makes a face of disgust cause no that's not the case...maybe it is but he's not about to admit it out loud.