Byakuya's M! S/O comforting him bc his stinky dad is homophobic

lol hey reader  *casually leans on cardboard Byakuya* ur always a 10000000/10

Requested by: ValTheMoron
(So sorry for delays!!)

⚠️TW⚠️ homophobia, transphobia

About the chapter:

•Y/n uses he/him pronouns

•Y/n being trans (FTM) is mentioned

•Byakuya's dad should get cancelled immediately.

Byakuya POV:

"And the Togami Corporation, though pride month is almost over, will always open its doors to the gays!" Father announced, his practiced smile painted on his face. We both knew he didn't actually care about Pride Month. To him, me being in the LGBTQ+ Community was simply a way to make money. The moment the clock hits midnight on the 30th of June, the beautiful colors of the rainbow would be sucked out of the logo.

Once the commercial was over, Father immediately dropped his smile and adjusted his tie.
"You know Byakuya," he began, "when you see your girlfriend again, tell her she can stop this whole 'transgender' thing. We've gained enough reputability about being allies, so she doesn't need to continue this." He was adjusting his cuff links while looking the mirror. My face was burning red with anger. I had specifically told him when Y/n and I came out to him that it WASN'T for pride month. That we weren't a 'marketing tactic'.

"Father you must be joking, surely. Y/n is a man. And I am attracted to him. It isn't anything other than genuine love and appreciation for one another." I say, trying to keep my tone neutral.

He laughed again. A smug smile still on his face.
"Byakuya, really, it's ok there aren't any cameras to pick up what we're saying and expose us on Quacker. So just let go of the lies you're telling yourself and Y/n, really you can be honest."
I couldn't handle him anymore, so I walked out of the studio.

The warm, summer air was nothing compared to the heat in my face. I walked to the limo, my heart heavy with sadness and anger.
"Drive."
"Where young master ?"
"Y/n's house."

The long drive is silent, but my head is filled with with screaming voices. The flood of nausea inducing anxiety was filling me up slowly, and I wanted nothing more than to see my boyfriend's face.

I was dropped off and went straight for the doorbell.
"Byakuya? What are you doing here? Are you alright? Your eyes look glassy, come inside."

Y/n pulled up a chair and put some snacks and water on the table.
"Byakuya, what's wrong?"
"My family, er no, my father he-" my voice broke embarrassingly, and a few tears dropped down my face. I tried to cover my face with my hands, but Y/n stopped me, placing his hand on my cheek.

"Togz, it's ok to cry. Let it out, obviously this is really bothering you, so take your time and explain whenever you're ready." I leaned into his warmth, reveling in the comfort it brought me. We sat like that for a few minutes, just basking in each other's presence, but it felt like a blissful eternity. I took a deep breath in.
"Ok I'm ready to talk about it."

-

"A-and since I'm part of the Togami family, what if people DO think im just doing it for show, and that I'm lying and what if I get blamed for what my father believes and people think I believe it too and I-I just," I breathe in exasperatedly, "I just don't know." Y/n takes both my hands in his.

"Hey, you are not your father, ok? We can try to make him see eye to eye with us, but people like him are just full of ignorance and pride that they don't even try to see another person's perspective." He smiled, "and when the old man does finally croak, you can make changes for the better. Even though you're his son, you're twice the man he'll ever be."

"But what about the disgusting things he said about you?" I said, worried that Father's statements could hurt Y/n.
"I don't need his validation or his approval. I know who I am and nobody can take that away from me." He held my hand from across the table, butterflies erupting in my stomach. "Now come on," he continued, "we're getting ice cream." His beautiful eyes shining stars in the gloomy, dark  sky that was my life.

What did I do to deserve such a fantastic boyfriend?

-end-

BLOOPER:

Father finished his speech, "I love the gays and the gays love me! Shoutout to my gay son Byakuya! WHO IS GAY!"

OH GOD IVE MISSED WRITING
I AM SO SORRY FOR ALL THE DELAYS SCHOOL SUCKS AND GIVES A TON OF HW
IF ANYBODY TELLS YOU YOURE NOT VALID OR GIVES U CRAP ABT UR SEXUALITY/GENDER/ANYTHING, THEY ARE WRONG-O! BC YOU SLAY SO HARD AND THEY'RE JUST JEALOUS HATERS.

All of you are amazing people and I genuinely hope you all get the infinite love and support that you deserve :)

See y'all whenever the next update comes out (lmao)

-User 🫶

Next chapter!
-Reader with Misophonia (oneshot)

(852 words)