XXI.

Chapter Twenty One.

November.

As the next four weeks went by, it seemed like Xavia and Zealand became more and more distant, while he and Hailey became very close. Too close for Xavi's liking.

The "bite-sized bitch" as Arnecia called her, due to her height, had Zee wrapped around her finger. He was so focused on her that everything and everybody else around him was a blur. Including his one and only friend, Xavia.

"Psst." Zealand called to Xavia, who sat next to him in Ms.Cross's class. She sucked her teeth, trying to ignore him. In fact, that's all she found herself doing these days. Trying to avoid and ignore him so that her feelings would suppress. She knew that wasn't happening anytime soon, though.

"Psst!" He did it louder, making Xavi look over at him.

"I need to talk to you about something." He said lowly, trying to be as quiet as possible since the class was in the middle of taking a quiz.

"What?" Xavia asked, not really interested. She didn't feel like being bothered with Zealand. Her focus was on the quiz that was due at the end of the class period.

"Ahem, is there something you two would like to step out of the class and discuss?" Ms.Cross asked, coming over to their table with a stale look on her face.

"Uh-"

"No ma'am, I was just asking Xavia if she had any extra led for my mechanical pencil." Zealand lied.

Ms.Cross eyeballed them, before walking away. Xavia blew out a breath, before looking over at Zealand.

"Look, just tell me later. I need to finish this." She told him quickly, before going back to her work.

Zealand turned to focus on his own paper as well, but couldn't help but to feel bad. He felt like he had gotten Xavia in trouble, even thought it was both of them that got caught talking. Hopefully she wasn't too upset about it, he thought.

When class was over, Xavia turned her quiz in to the blue basket that was placed on the edge of Ms.Cross's desk, before walking out.

"Xavi, wait up!" Zealand called after her. She groaned, pausing in her tracks.

"What's up?" She questioned, turning to face him. She leaned up against the lockers, trying to relieve herself of the heavy backpack that was on her back.

"Aight so, I kinda wanted to get your opinion on something.." Zealand trailed off. Xavia looked at him, waiting on him to continue.

"You think I should ask Hailey out?"

"As in.." Xavi trailed off. She was hoping he would say ask her out to the movies or something.

"As in ask her out, to be my girl."

Xavia felt her heart drop to her ass. Was he serious? In what world was Zealand living in to think that was a good idea.

She swallowed the lump that had formed in her throat, trying to refrain from saying what she really wanted to say. There was a long trail of cuss words waiting to roll off of her tongue, but Xavia knew she had to keep things in perspective. As much as she wanted to blow her top, she had to remember that Zealand had no clue of her feelings for him.

"Sure." Xavi simply told him, looking down at her Apple Watch.

Zealand scrunched his face up in confusion. "That's it? That's all you're gonna say?"

She sighed, looking off to the side. "What else do you want me to say? If you like the girl, ask her out. It's not rocket science, Zealand." Xavi snapped.