Final Goodbyes

We all stood around the bus saying goodbye to Bombay. He's playing in the minor league now. "Look, don't take any bad dives, okay?" Peter said as him and coach shook hands. Him and Karp were moving to San Francisco. Their parents work together and they got a job offer.

"Keep your head up, man." Jesse said as coaches walked down the line.

"Cake-eater." Adam joked from his spot next to me.

"Don't get too mouthy, you have a real future out there." I smiled thinking back on what he said to me. "I won't, kid." He smiled snd I hugged him. "I'll miss ya, Coach." I sniffed. "I'll be back, Anderson. Call me if you need anything."

I sometimes called Coach if I had a problem at home. He's grown to be like a father figure to me. He's done a lot for me and I couldn't be more grateful.

"Make sure they give you a warm welcome."
Aspen shook his hand referring back to the time he made sure the team welcomed her nicely.

"Strength, not concentration." Fulton reminded coach. "Right."

"And for God sakes, soft hands." Averman joked making us laugh. "Anything else?" Coach asked. "Yeah. Have fun out there, Coach." Charlie said hugging Bombay.

Charlie's mom and Bombay kissed making all of us cheer.

"Hey, ducks. No matter what happens, we'll see you next season. We got a title to defend." Bombay said before going back on the bus.

We all cheered jumped around. "You guys wanna come to Mickeys for lunch?" Charlie yelled and we all agreed walking to the restaurant. It was only a street away from the bus stop.

-

"So, what are your summer plans, guys?" Guy asked as we sat at two merged tables in Mickeys diner. "Probably just playing hockey." Charlie shrugged and Adam agreed, "Yeah."

"I'm helping my parents out with their restaurant." Goldberg nodded taking some cookies Charlie's mom brought out for us.

"We're moving to California." Tommy said excitedly. "And we're moving to San Francisco." Peter and Karp said. "I'm moving back in with my mom a couple hours away. I found a good school near there." Terry said sadly. "I'm staying here, though." Jesse shrugged.

"We're going to camp." I said nodding to Connie and Aspen. They nodded and went back to throwing fries in each other's mouths. "Really? Where?" Everyone asked.

"Camp Eden Armor. They have a high school too. It looks pretty cool." I explained and everyone nodded going back to their conversations.

"You're leaving me, huh? Now it's only gonna be the super one. Super person?" He sighed trying to find a good name. "Super man?" I suggested. "Although I like the sound of that, I'm gonna miss you. How long are you gone for?"

"A little over a month. It's not like a normal summer camp, it has some hockey stuff too. If you wanna stay for hockey it's like a month for training and stuff. Me Connie and Aspen decided to stay the full month."

"Oh, alright. Well, call me while you're there?" He asked making me smile. "Everyday."

"Promise?" Adam held out his pinky. "Promise." I laughed connecting our pinkies together.

-

omg we're done!!!
I'm already writing the second book
Would you guys read a spin off book of Adam and Scarletts summer?