Chapter 55: Fatal Revelations - III

"I had all and then most of youSome and now none of youTake me back to the night we met"

Some and now none of you
Take me back to the night we met"

Please listen to: The Night We Met by Lord Huron so that the emotions of the chapter may be passed on to the reader.

______

He hadn't been able to see anything but rage filling his veins.  As if if had been the only thing that consumed him at that moment.

But as the same memory replayed in his head, the same few seconds that the silver band with the emerald rock flew in the air and hit his chest harder and more painful than any bullet, his devastation took over.

It wasn't pain consuming him, and that's what had him flinching. He had gone numb.

Vantae had thought that the biggest dilemma he had was revealing to his most beloved his identity.

However, never in his fucked up mind did he think that the severity of the danger that his identity posed would've already gotten to her already.

Without him knowing.

To replay the same expression she had in the last conversation they had was pure psychological torture. Something that he should've been professional in.

The trainings he had undergone in order to be able to control his mind despite external factors that tried to manipulate him had helped him be a natural in keeping his identity.

He was known not to fear anything, for even the most ruthless Black Dragon Heir had feared him.

But only he, only he knew that deep down, he had one fear. And maybe she knew about it too.

His greatest fear hadn't been her hating him nor breaking up with him. His greatest fear was losing her. Losing her in a way that no matter how much he cried to the heavens, he'd never have her again.

If the great devil had one fear, it was losing the only reason why he lived.

Taehyung knew of the dangers that a mere whisper of his title had caused, which was why he had always been hesitant in telling even his greatest friends about it.

Because he knew it was better for their hatred for him to grow the longer he didn't tell them about it rather than put their lives in danger when other parties find out about their knowledge of his identity.

To most he was a coward, and maybe he was, but was it cowardly to not want to lose his found family to death given by his own blood family?

They'd never understand him, and he wouldn't try to explain. All he needed was to protect them, catch all the knives thrown at them with his own body without them knowing.