04. Mea Culpa

the baby project act one
" almost like a pregnancy "
﹙ 𝗠𝗘𝗔 𝗖𝗨𝗟𝗣𝗔. ﹚

     ADDIE HAD A SORE HEAD FOR SEVERAL HOURS after George Weasley hit her with a bludger

ADDIE HAD A SORE HEAD FOR SEVERAL HOURS after George Weasley hit her with a bludger. And she wouldn't shut up about it.

"I'm telling you," Addie drawled to poor Clayton, who had been subjected to Addie-Sweeney's-Weasley-complaints time, "They should be in primary school. I'd like to meet the person that let them out of the juvenile centre they crawled from."

Clayton sighed and arched his back so he sunk further and further into the bright yellow sofa, by the fire in the Hufflepuff common room, "Who's actually being the immature one here, Adelaide?" he asked with a sluggish expression. He tried to hide his face behind his Divination textbook fully, to avoid her defensive train of sentences that was sure to arrive any second.

Addie's insulted pout could be seen even behind Clayton's attempt to hide because her eyebrows had risen to her hairline ─ they had sprouted just above the book's roof, "Are you suggesting-"

"I'm suggesting," Clayton drawled, cutting her off before Addie got the chance to annoyingly defend herself. His book flew to his lap from the upright position he once held it in, which made her hair fly behind her neck, with one swoosh, "that you drop this Weasley-obsession you seem to have gained since the start of the year and help me with my bloody Potions homework!"

Addie slumped into the chair opposite him, from a previously upright stature, completely and utterly defeated ─ Clayton was not the only person to have brought up Addie's crippling hatred for Fred and George Weasley after a string of unfortunate events that led to the Hufflepuff being the centre victim, because all of her friends (also recent sufferers to the Weasley's infamous blitz attacks) were sick of it.

"Not an obsession," she muttered under her breath.

It was Clayton's eyebrows to rocket now, "What was that?"

Addie forced a smile, "I said," she sang, "Yes, I'll help you with the Potions homework." As soon as the boy had his back turned to retrieve some parchment and a different textbook, Addie rolled her eyes and dropped the somewhat friendly act.