Chapter 55 - Pressure And Panic

---It may take a few days to finish the next chapter, I've been pretty busy and haven't had as much time to write. Thank you to anyone who Reads, Votes, Shares or Comments. It makes my day!---

The drive to Gale's house was short since he only lived about a mile away from me. Someone had already arrived before we got there. As I got closer to the car I noticed it was Cortney's. Liam ran up to the door and knocked on it. We waited awhile before Gale's mom opened the door.

"Harvey! Liam! Its good to see you both." She waves us into the house. Yup still pretty spacious. I spotted Cortney, Luke and Gale sitting at the table. Their eyes lit up when they spotted us.

"Its good that you guys were able to make it." Gale said with a smile.

"Is it okay for so many people to be coming over?" I ask nervously. I wasn't sure if they would be comfortable with so many people over since they seemed pretty classy.

"Nah, not at all." Nova said coming from the other room. "I've actually been waiting to party!"

"Yep, he's always been like that." Clare smiled, shaking her head.

"But yeah, its totally fine. Especially if it makes Gale happy." She assured. They seem like such great parents. Somehow I feel most of the parents in this neighborhood would get along, with the exception of the Paydels.

Me and Liam joined our friends at the table and chatted awhile, waiting for the others. Around an our later Collin showed up. He wasn't familiar with anyone here other than me and kinda Liam, so I talked to him for awhile. He seemed to ease up a lot, making him more comfortable in the Knightstorm household. Next to arrive was Emily. She seemed excited that she made it before the others.

We spent an hour not doing much, so we decided to head out to the back. Gale's mom said she'd lead any other arriving guest out to the back. We all followed close behind Gale and made our way out. I never noticed how cozy the lounge area looked until now. I looked scanned the backyard and spotted the large pool, I also noticed a nice sized grill in the corner of my eye. Everyone hopped on the lounge chairs, so I hesitantly took the one beside Liam.

"So Gale, what made you want to throw this miniature party?" Liam asked lifting his head to look at Gale.

"Eh, well I haven't had any friends over in the longest time, and you're usually the one throwing parties so I guess its just something I felt like doing." He shrugged. 

"Lucky us the sun is out today. That means we can go swimming!" Emily piped, hopping from her seat. The door opened and in came Bretton and Alen.

"Heyo, let's get this party started!" Were Bretton's first words. Bretton took the final seat leaving none open, except for the one behind Emily. 

"Hey guys, the life of the party has arrived." Alen joked. We greeted them both. Since there weren't any free spaces Alen sat on the edge of Collin's chair. I could tell something was up with by the way they were looking at each other. They seem to be good friends at least. I was hopeful Alen would get his happy ending.

"Clare made brownies inside and I'm about to fire up the grill." Nova announced as he came out onto the deck.

"Aw yeah!" Cortney shouted in excitement, probably cause food is involved. Me, Cortney, Emily and Luke went inside to grab some. When we got to the kitchen we spotted Lillian munching a piece.

"Lil!" Cortney gasped. "Why didn't you let us know you were here?"

"You probably wouldn't have either if you found out there was a fresh batch of baked brownies." She rolled her eyes.