2 Hearts

"If you remember me, then I don't care if everyone else forgets." —Kafka on the Shore, Haruki Murakami

Sree

It was a really busy day, and I had made up my mind to talk to Vikram once I reach home.

I reached home and was going through my things. A lot of them were related to Vikram. 

I took the photo frame of us and kept in on the dressing table. 

The door bell rang. "Was it Vikram? But he usually has the key with him."

I moved down the staircase. I noticed that Mary moved forward to open the door.

"Who is it Mary?" I asked. There was no response. I came down and was horrified to see

Manoj. 

He looked older than the last time i had seen him. His hair was half greyed and he still had that intimidating look about him. He was wearing a formal attire as he stared icily at me and scowled.

Before I could react, he entered the house.

"Vikram! Vikram? Where are you", he shouted

"Vikram is not home sir, you can come back later", I said

He turned his scowling eyes back to me.

" YOU married Vikram?", he asked ,each of his words filled with disgust.

"Yes", I said

"No one even told me! Don't you remember what i told you 3 years before. Stay out of Vikram's life.. I thought you did, but imagine my surprise when i heard you became his wife!" he stated in a furious manner.

His eyes were glaring daggers at me and i was wondering what i should do.

I didn't reply to his statement and stood there glaring back at him. 

"You don't belong in my son's life or in his house, Get Out!" he shouted at me

"Let Vikram come home, if he asks me to go, ill but I'm not going anywhere", I said

"You will not listen, if i ask you like this", he said and came near me.

Before i could react, he grabbed my arms and pulled me towards the door. I struggled and shouted

"Let her go sir, how can you behave with a woman like that", Mary asked, trying to free me from his grip.

"You servant! Stay within your limits" , he said and continued dragging me.

He was so strong, that my struggle was vain. 

"Help! ", I shouted to the security, but they stood bewildered looking at Manoj..

He went to the gate, asked the security to open it and pushed me.. I fell down due to the force and my forehead hit a rock.. I looked up at Manoj, my eyes red

"I wonder how a person like you is even a successful businessman shame on you!  ", I cried out..

He muttered something and closed the gates behind me.. 

My forehead seemed to burn and i put my hands on top of it,.. I took my hands away and saw blood, I was bleeding! And humiliated

There were a few passerby s on the road staring at me. Not one came to help. I tried to get up.. My ankle pained, but i managed. My phone.. was inside and i had no money..

I could perhaps go to Akshara or Raya's place and pay.. I didn't know when Vikram would come..as soon as i thought that i saw Vikram's car on the road..