01

"I have a theory," The boy said, looking at the ceiling from his mattress on the floor. "We're actually pissed. We accidentally snorted coke down a dodgy alleyway on the way to school."

He blew his red hair up and away from his eyes, scrunching his face as it just went back in place. "We can't just accidentally do drugs, you idiot," Harry laughed, looking out the miserable weather outside.

"You know, I think becoming a ginger made its toll on you," The brunette grinned and nudged the said ginger with his foot. "Aha, wait till Ron hears about this," The other rebutted.

"If he replies, that is" Y/n added with a sigh, rolling over to grab a book. "You think they forgot about us?" Harry asked, a sour expression on his face.

His twin rose a brow as he opened the children's book, "We killed a man last year, remember? Plus, we're the boys who survived," he waved his hand dismissively. ". . . Something along those lines."

The cold grumbles of the thunder served as the response to his half-assed words. It didn't bother him much, Harry needed some time to think anyway. Though maybe they've done too much thinking, that's all he's been doing the past few days.

Droplets of water begun flowing down their window, followed by a barrage of bangs from the roof. Y/n sighed, putting the book over his face and closing his eyes.

He counted the days he would go back to Hogwarts again, away from the Dursleys. His time would've been better if his friends at least responded to him or Harry.

"Maybe they have," he whispered, turning over to his side and laying comfortably, letting the raindrops' distant lullaby lull him to sleep.

-

Y/n stared out the window, his fingers tapping the ledge. It was another morning, Vernon was being a prick, Petunia doing god knows what and Dudley was just. . . Dudley. It wasn't a very lovely morning.

His posture slumped as he stared down the greenery outside, seeing a stray cat wander about on their driveway. "Come here, come on. Argue with me," he whispered. It went unheard as the window was closed.

A sigh escaped his lips, feet tapping at a fast pace. He put his hands against the glass, "Break, break already. Just break, I'll murder you family of windows if you don't -" he whispered like a madman. His wand, Harry's wand, anything magic-related was shoved in their old cupboard.

It was nice to have a room, but he was going insane inside. Small crackling was heard, the window slowly showing opaque lines of white. It spread like vines across the surface, each crack bigger than the last.

His brows rose, "Oh, peer pressure works on anything doesn't i—"

"WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU ABOUT SAYING THE 'M' WORD IN OUR HOUSE?" Y/n's heart jumped out of his chest, the cracking stopping as he turned around to see Vernon's red face inches away from his brother's. Dudley had fallen with his hair, struggling to get up whilst Petunia bore a shocked look, palms clasped against her mouth.

"HOW DARE YOU THREATEN DUDLEY!" Vernon roared, his temples throbbing as spit reached Harry's face. He pounded the table with his fist, the fragile plates shaking with the tremor it caused.

Harry took a step back, looking up at his red-faced uncle. "But I-" his reasoning was cut off. "I'VE ALREADY WARNED YOU! I WILL NOT TOLERATE MENTIONS OF YOUR ABNORMALITY UNDER THIS ROOF!" Vernon

"Overdramatic oaf," Y/n muttered under his breath, walking towards Harry and giving his purple-faced uncle a half-arsed smile. "Alright, alright we won't," he reassured. "We'll never say the - M-word," he emphasized.