Difficult with Words

The quick patters of feet was heard late in the afternoon, a small girl ran through the city of Japan. Her bag hitting her back with each step she took as her head held high at the small buildings, reading each sign of the shops.

No... No... No...

Eventually, she finds the shop she was looking for, a studio with the words "XO Tour Records" marked boldly as she ran inside the studio and scaring an individual who was making an instrumental. "Ah! Jesus, Nagatoro... You scared me..." the man with the afro and a beard said, caressing his chest as he takes a few breaths in.

"...Mr. Abel?"

"Yeah? What's up?" She was a little hesitant to ask but she thinks this is the only way to solve the conflict between her and her senpai. "Can I have a look at your instrumentals?"

He gives her a confused look.

"Why's that?"

"It's senpai..."

"Huh?"

"...I'm the reason he's not coming out of his house..."

...

...Sniffle... sniffle...

Behind the building of a school, a pair of students of the opposite genders could be seen standing face to face. As of now, the girl watched as the boy was ready to break into tears.

Boys shouldn't cry they said, so should they take a rejection filled with insults or teasing with a wide grin on their faces? That's what the boy received earlier as he finally mustered up the confidence inside himself and decided to tell his underclassmen crush how he truly felt about her. With the mental emotion built up in him, it would only drain the second she starts to laugh it off and let her express how she "felt" about the boy.

Tears ran down his face, he thought he might have found someone he truly loved and wanted to spend his life with this girl everyday not just as a friend, but as something more.

"Senpai?" The girl asked as the unstable boy had his back against the wall, his vision blurred from the massive tears welling up in his eyes. His chest hurted like crazy, glass from his sensitive heart could be heard breaking and falling out of place. She walks up to the boy and tries to caress his cheek. "Senpai... I... I was only-"

In a flash, Y/n runs off. He doesn't want to deal with this internal pain anymore as he sped through the campus and knocking down a few people in front of him. He doesn't care about anyone anymore, he wants to be alone now and just cry.

Cry that the girl he loved just gave him one of the lowest blows she could ever give. Nagatoro stood in the same spot, watching the h/c run off from her.

"...kidding..."

...

A week flew by after the set of events had been made by from the two. A lot has changed after their interaction, starting with Nagatoro who had regretted her sudden reaction and cruel behavior she dealt to Y/n. And the boy?

He hasn't gone to school for a week straight, not even for a class as his missing presence was enough to bring down the mood for Nagatoro. Her friends were worried as well, this was the last thing Y/n would do from Nagatoro's teasing.

Well, it was a confession to begin with, of course Y/n would feel this way if he was humiliated from telling his crush how much he loved her.

Now the school finally ends, Gamo, her two friends, and her boyfriend, Naoto all walked towards the exit of the school gates and waited patiently for the last person of the group to come out. It took a few minutes to find a girl who had her head hanging low, walking in an unrushing matter while gripping the green straps of her book bag.