39

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 <𝟹

Harry only woke with a bit of a headache, though it would've been much worse had Y/N not taken the butterbeer from him.

"I can't believe it" Hermione said, trying to tame her curls. "Harry— an alcoholic!" 

Y/N snorted.

"Hardly, he had to drink it with butterbeer" Y/N said, standing in front of her mirror and trying different hair colors on herself. 

It'd always interested her, she could do pretty much anything.

"He's underage, and you said he got 'tipsy', did Ron drink anything?" 

"He took a single sip"

"Just one?"

"Just one."

"Good" Hermione said, sounding very pleased.

***

The days began to pass.

Soon enough it was December. Ever since the first task when Y/N had seen Cho Chang with Cedric, she began to notice Cho's presence linger around him much more often.

It conflicted her.

Cedric had already admitted that he liked Y/N, he told her and even took her on a Hogsmeade date.

She was sure that sooner or later they would start dating.

That's the way it's supposed to go, right?

So what was holding him back?

Day before the first task

"And you're sure?" Aaron said, watching as Cedric's expression changed to one of mild panic.

"Potter said he saw the Dragons himself, and Y/N asked him to tell me." Cedric said, pacing in front of the Hufflepuff common room couch.

Aaron sighed, "I dunno mate, best we can do is look through a few books, maybe ask Sprout for permission to look in the restricted section"

"For?" Cedric asked, he didn't want to use any form of dark magic on the Dragon, regardless the circumstances, it was still a living creature.

"I doubt you'll be able to find anything in the regular shelves. Besides, I saw Hermione leaving the library with a huge stack of dragon based books yesterday morning, I doubt there's anything useful left"

"They knew since yesterday?" Cedric said, suddenly feeling extremely under prepared.

Aaron shrugged, "I suppose you're lucky they even told you"

Cedric sighed, "I guess, how're things with you and Granger?"

Aaron grinned, "Granger? She's a nice girl, pretty, smart, too young for me though, I dunno how you do it" 

Cedric rolled his eyes. "It's barely a 3 year difference, it'll hardly be noticeable in the future"

"Future?" Aaron smirked.

"Shove off" Cedric said, hiding a grin. "I'm thinking of asking her soon"

"Making it official? Already?" Aaron said, smirk unfading. 

"I hope so"

Though Cedric couldn't prevent the way he became annoyed every time he walked through the corridors and saw Harry and Y/N together.