Chapter 46

Louis and Harry arrived at Louis's dad's house in the early evening, a bottle of red wine in the older boy's hands, a container of homemade cupcakes in the younger's. The two shared one more sweet kiss before Louis knocked on the door. Even though he had a key, Louis wanted it to be formal. Shouting could be heard from the other side of the door and then it was opened, revealing a blushing Lottie. "Lou, hi. Uhm, you must be Harry. I'm Lottie, the oldest sister." She stuck her hand out and the curly boy shook it, feeling slightly too formal in slacks and a white button-up. Louis had tried to convince him to wear something he was more comfortable in, but he was scared Mark would judge him for wearing something feminine.

Lottie opened the door further and gestured for the two boys to come inside. Harry smiled when he saw the framed photos lining the entryway, his eyes focusing on a photo of Louis dressed as Danny Zuko on stage. "You're an actor?" He teasingly asked, turning to look at the older boy. "What are your credits, what have I seen you in? Could I get your autograph?" Louis shushed the boy and subtly smacked his ass when Lottie was looking away, immediately making him shut his mouth. "You keep your mouth shut about that or I swear you are so getting it when we get back to your place. You hear me?" He whispered into the younger boy's ear, his hand still keeping a tight grip on his bum. Harry gulped and nodded, staring straight ahead.

Louis led him into the kitchen where Phoebe and Daisy were lying on the floor with coloring books, Mark was on his phone at the counter, and Stevie was standing in front of the stove. Lottie went over to Stevie and wrapped her arms around them from behind, kissing their cheek. Louis took a deep breath, still not over seeing Lottie in a serious relationship, and took Harry's hand to bring him over to Mark. "Dad?" The man looked up, shoving his glasses back up his nose so he could actually see. "Ah. Louis, this must be your boyfriend. Harry, right?" Harry nodded and let go of Louis's hand to shake Mark's. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Tomlinson. You have a lovely house."

Mark chuckled and patted the boy on the back. "Call me Mark, son. None of this Mr. Tomlinson business." Harry nodded and leaned into the touch of Louis's hand on his lower back, rubbing over the dimples of his spine. "Well, you are welcome to sit here at the counter, or in the living room, or wherever you want. Dinner will be done in about half an hour." Harry thanked the man and then followed Louis out of the room, walking up the stairs to Louis's bedroom. "This is my room. Ignore the mess, I haven't had time to clean it since I've been spending all of my time with you." Louis opened the door and led Harry in, sitting down on the edge of the bed. Harry wandered around the room a little bit, running his hands over everything, picking up framed pictures and examining them. He finally stopped in front of the boy's dresser and picked up a small box of condoms he had sitting on it.

"Umm, are these, like old, or..." The younger boy asked as he held up the box to show to Louis. The older boy coughed uncomfortably and took the box out of his hands, opening his bedside drawer so he could put it in there. "I, uh, I bought those last week just as like a...like a precautionary thing. You know, in case we ever, uhm, go all the way." Harry nodded and a blush settled on his cheeks. "So you didn't listen to Liam when he said that we couldn't have sex until I was eighteen?" He asked, putting his hands on his hips. Louis chuckled and walked over to the younger boy, wrapping his arms around his waist. "Of course I didn't. Do you seriously think I still listen to Liam? Look at us. All of what we're doing was once forbidden by Liam."

Harry sighed as the older boy swayed them back and forth, laying lazy kisses all over his neck. "We should probably get back downstairs," He whispered into the older lad's ear, letting his lips lightly touch the base of his neck as he leaned back down. Louis groaned and turned them around so that Harry's back was pressed to his chest. He looped his arms back around his narrow waist and nuzzled his nose into the fine, curly hair at the nape of the boy's neck. "Why, though? Why can't we just stay up here and cuddle and kiss and, you know, do boyfriend stuff? I hate my family." Harry hummed and pulled Louis's hand up to his mouth, kissing the back of it. "I am going back down because I am not rude. You can stay up here as long as you want but I have an obligation to eat dinner with your dad and talk myself up to him."