Chapter 7

"Sasuke-kun!" Himari calls. Sasuke really thought she would've dropped the honorific at this point but he supposes that All for One's brainwashing has its drawbacks. "There's a letter from Yuuei for you!"

Sasuke teleports into the kitchen and Himari hands him the letter.

Himari and Haru started being more respectful of his space and began acting more within the accepted perimeters of the mission, which was nice, but to them, All for One is higher on the chain of command. Sasuke doesn't really mind, they still listen to him enough for this arrangement to continue being practical.

He returns to the bedroom and stares at the letter.

The likelihood that it's rigged is low, is what he tells himself. But not zero, another part of his brain supplies.

Sasuke scowls and summons a clone.

The clone raises an eyebrow before opening the letter.

It isn't rigged. Obviously.

Sasuke still feels like an idiot.

The clone hands him the letter before dispelling itself.

Inside is a disc and multiple sheets of paper. Sasuke holds the disc and it turns on, revealing a hero. Present Mic, he remembers.

Present Mic begins to talk and Sasuke tunes him out, instead choosing to look at the papers.

The first two papers are stapled together. It's a form to create an entrance card for each student. The forms are supposed to be scanned and sent in digitally. It's practical for anyone who has a scanner. Not so much for anyone else.

The other pages are information packets, a school supply list, and a consent form so that the pro hero Recovery Girl can heal him in the event that he gets injured.

He hears Himari's footsteps running up the stairs and opens the door before Himari can touch it.

He wonders if she should be running, with her pregnancy and all.

"Yes?"

"Sensei is requesting a meeting." She explains, visibly out of breath.

"Location?"

"Sensei says you know where it is."

Sasuke sighs somewhat dramatically before nodding. Himari smiles, relieved, before making her way back down the stairs.

He shuts the door to the bedroom and shunshins to the bar.

"You're here." Kurogiri says.

"Hn."

"Wonderful, let's waste no time then, hm?" All for One says. "We've finished setting up the necessary... arrangements for the circumstances leading up to your time at Yuuei."

A backstory, then.

"There are group homes, of a sort, that house children with powerful Quirks in the event that their parents find themselves... unable to handle a power of that calibre and can't find another person to take the child in. Coincidentally, it's where many of the Heroes who are 'trained' under the Hero Commission come from." All for One explains. "Some are privately owned. I happen to personally know the owner of one such establishment.

"Many of the children who enter those types have the correct papers, but just as many don't. For the convenience of our arrangement, you are one of the latter children. You may choose how you conduct yourself, given the knowledge of your new past, but if you wish for this assignment to go smoothly for you, it would be in your best interest to continue to fly under the radar."