Twenty two

"You know, it's weird that your best friend is a robot," Maggie mumbled as she braided her blonde hair.

She and Wanda had gone to Russia to visit Maggie's family. Johann had made Maggie a room up for when she visited and, often, both Wanda and Natasha came. This time, however, Natasha had said the girls could go alone because she trusted them to behave.

And because Vision had tagged along to visit them after his time on the 'run', too.

"I know," Wanda smiled, resting her chin on Maggie's shoulder as she watched Vision stare off into Russia from the bedroom window opposite them.

Vision gasped a second later, holding his hand to the Mind stone in pain.

"Vis? Is it the stone again?" Wanda jumped off the bed quickly. Maggie followed. The stone had been paining Vision more and more lately and, truth be told, it was scaring Maggie and Wanda a lot more than they let on.

"It's as if it's speaking to me," Vision said.

"What does it say?" Wanda said.

"I don't know. But something..." Vision trailed off as he flinched again. Wanda put a hand on his arm for reassurance. He took it away and placed it over the stone. "Tell me what you feel," he said.

Wanda pulled her hand back, the red mist swirling between the stone. Wanda shook her head after a moment, leaning back into Maggie's chest.

"I just feel you," Wanda mumbled.

"Maggie?" Johann called upstairs. "Vision's train will be leaving soon, if you aren't staying for dinner first," he called.

That was something weird, too. The robot liked riding on other mechanical creations.

"We're leaving soon!" Maggie called back downstairs.

She turned to the other two and nodded.

"Let's get moving," she said.

"I told Andreas that I would teach him coding when I came back for another visit. I hope that wasn't overstepping," Vision told Maggie as she, Wanda and Vision walked towards the train station. Wanda and Maggie were hand in hand, bundled up in thick coats to withstand the cold Russian weather.

"He's just turned five so I don't think he really knows what he's signed up for," Maggie chuckled. "But it's not overstepping, don't worry. Johann likes that the Avengers come and visit his house," she said.

"He is a good host," Vision said.

Wanda stopped in her tracks and Maggie frowned. She followed her gaze to a TV in the store window beside them.

The news was on, showing coverage of an invasion in New York. Two aliens came onto the screen and then Tony's photo.

MISSING.

"What are they?" Wanda whispered as she stared at the aliens on the screen.

"What the stone was warning me about. I have to go," Vision said quickly, squeezing their shoulders.

"No, Vision," Maggie said quickly. "Vision, if that's true, maybe going isn't the best idea. You shouldn't be alone," Maggie said.

"Maggie, I-"

Vision was cut off as a sharp blade pierced through his chest from behind. Vision cried out loudly, losing his human looks and turning back to his regular robot looks.

He was launched down the street and Maggie quickly got her hands up to fight the alien stood in front of them.

"Vision!" Wanda cried. Wanda got smacked from behind and she was launched across the courtyard and into a small restaurant.