𝓈𝓊𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓇

HARRY'S POV
"Are you alright?" I walked up to my girlfriend who seemed to be standing alone and looking around at everyone else in the station.

We just got off of the Hogwarts express in return to the muggle world. She sent me a weak smile as I got closer. I've never seen Y/N to be emotional so, I got worried.

Y/N took a deep breath before replying, "I just think we have a little too much in common, now." She giggled but I could swear I heard a sniffle.

"I'm so sorry about your dad, Y/N." I grabbed her hand, "That's what you're referring to?"

"Part of it." She looked away with a small chuckle, "Taking one wasn't enough so- you know-" Her voice cracked as she attempted to force her tears to stay in, "Shit happens." She shrugged with a scoff.

"Y/N.." I sent her an empathetic look.

"I shouldn't even be doing this right now- this is selfish and I'm- trying not to be like my dad- or whatever he was at the time being." Y/N let out a shaky breath and quickly wiped her tear away.

"What d'you mean, selfish?" I curled my brows confusedly, "You're talking nonsense, Y/N. I'm with you, okay? You don't have to hold it in."

"It's selfish because even though they're gone now- that she's gone- " Y/N tried to speak normally, "She's been in my life for over sixteen years and there are people who couldn't even grow up with their mother-" She motioned to my chest, "so yes- I feel selfish."

"Stop." I demanded, holding her biceps before wiping away her tear, "You have every right to cry right now, Y/N. Yes, I may have missed out on a lot but, having actual memories with someone and they die," I spoke calmly, "That's worse than the thought of just missing out. I was unable to create those memories but, it would've been worse if I did." I explained to her, "So, stop feeling bad for me."

Y/N looked at the ground before picking her head up to smile at me, "You should become like-" She sniffled again, "a motivational speaker or something." She wiped away her last teardrop.

I chuckled and pulled her in for a hug, holding the back of her head to my chest. Hermione and Ron came over to say their goodbyes and paused at the sight of Y/N.

"Is everything alright?" Ron was the first to speak up as Y/N let go of me.

"Everything's great, big bro." Y/N smiled and gently punched him in the shoulder, "There are no rules at the Dixon residence- no guardians- we can do whatever we want this summer!" She spoke hopefully, covering her true feelings with humor.

"Oh, Y/N, I'm incredibly sorry.." Hermione pulled her into a hug.

Ron stood quietly for a second as he figured out what she meant. He came to the realization as Hermione pulled away from Y/N, "That's terrible, Y/N. You can't live alone- we can't possibly let you.."

"Yes, you can." Y/N tapped on his chest, "I can't just live with any of you."

"Why not?" Ron grinned to cheer her up.

"I'd love to come stay with you guys, I really would. But, I want to stay in the home she wanted me to grow up in." Y/N suggested, "It's fine though, really. You three will be there almost everyday." She smiled at us.

"You bet. Starting two days from now." Ron excitedly gave her a side hug, "My mum told me that the ma-"

"Movie we'd be watching is meant to be terrific!" Hermione interrupted and glanced at me. I sent them all confused looks, "Because Y/N's house has a theater room." Hermione nodded with a smile.

"And that's where we'll be.. in two days." Ron nodded along.

"You ready, Harry?" Sirius walked up to me and laid his arm on my shoulder. I nodded and he turned to Y/N, "Where's your mother, Y/N? I'd like to have a word or two with her about the letter you sent me."