XXXVII.

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎

『3』

"What?" Wanda scrunches her eyebrows in confusion at the pacing winged female.

"I need you to look into my mind Maximoff simple as that..."

"But I can't read you..." Wanda said which caused Thea to pause and think for a moment.

"I know that but what if I'm unconscious?" Once she said that she immediately dragged Wanda to her room. When they reached there Thea sat cross-legged on her bed.

"Like when you are asleep?"

"Yes,"

"What difference would that make exactly?" Thea sighed before looking Wanda straight in the eyes.

"I have been experiencing these dreams...and I can't stop thinking about them which interferes with my performance. That's why I need your assistance with this matter."

"I-I don't know about this..." Wanda trailed off fidgeting.

"You don't have to do it if you don't want to—" Thea began off but was cut off.

"No, I'm not saying no I just...can this wait for a little later today..." Wanda said yawning.

Thea shrugged her shoulders guessing it was still kinda early—it was 5:19 a.m.—but she let the girl head back to sleep.

•••••

"You see I've done some thought and saw the differences with when we're asleep and awake. When asleep it's a resting state where we have less awareness for our bodies to restore its sustained energy." Thea went on and on about how sleep is just an oh-so-great opportunity to catch your mind off guard; as they sat in the kitchen. Wanda nodded attentively sipping her cup of coffee and paying attention to Thea's insomniac rambles.

"So that is why it is different from the usual conscious being..."

"I see what you mean, but I don't exactly have a good history of tampering with someone's mind." Wanda earned an eye-roll from Thea who slouched in her seat rubbing her temple out of building frustration.

"I am aware of that but I'm willing to take a chance at it." Seeing as Thea was not going to let it go to waste Wanda agreed.

They stationed themselves in Thea's room where Thea was propped down to her bed with Wanda seated right next to her with her hands hovering over the side of her head.

"Ready?"

"Ready."

Thea slowly slipped away into a deep slumber and Wanda began her little magic trick. A red wisp began to circle Thea's head. At first, all she heard was muffles before skimming through blurry images in Thea's mind.

"Come on..." Wanda whispered to herself.
Just then memories came into view much to Wanda's relief. It was memories of Hydra where in Thea's point of view scientists were passing but only one approaches Thea. A brunette in a tight bun and lab coat with a tag reading Arina Zola...

"What did it do this time?..." She asked.

"She's done it again, Madame Zola." Another voice had said. Arina shook her head in disappointment but then another vision came in.

This time it was a different memory Thea was sitting in a cell as people passed by her once more. Hair blocked her vision, Thea dangerously shook in this vision which made Wanda frown sympathetically. Everyone knew somewhat of Thea's time with Hydra from short video recordings but no one has seen it through Thea's own eyes like Wanda.

"This cannot be made simply from scratch, it'll be a while before I can create the perfect on—"

The process was going smoothly until Thea physically began to tremble.

Wanda was then pulled deeper into Thea's dream, where she saw Thea strapped down to a table in a room at gunpoint surrounded by guards. There was a silhouette of a child anonymously in the back, but then Arina comes into view holding shock cables in both hands.

The same sickening smile Thea has been seeing repeatedly the past nights became present on her same twisted menacing face. Wanda was trying to find a way out of Thea's dream but she was already strongly linked to her subconscious to the point where she couldn't escape the terror either. Before she knew it Arina had slammed the two cables onto Thea's temple causing both Thea and Wanda to feel a sharp pain surge through their heads causing a chain of disaster.

The sudden pain causes Wanda to lose focus on her powers which leads to Thea accidentally seeing her worst fear. As Wanda held her head in slight pain Thea began to thrash around her bed and may or may not absorb almost all the energy in the compound practically causing a blackout.

But don't worry there's a backup generator...

Anyways the pain reduced and Wanda came back to her senses and was able to free Thea from the illusion forcing her awake. The onyx-haired female jolted up gasping for air before touching her head in relief to find nothing electricity-related attached.

It wasn't soon before the teammates came rushing in. The worried group consisted of Steve, Natasha, Vision, and Tony.

The four took a look around the now trashed room before laying their eyes on Wanda and a more traumatized—but not visibly—Thea.

"What the hell is going on in here?"

869 words