Let Me In II

It was another ordinary night for Jennie but this time, she wouldn't be drinking away all her sorrows. This time, she's actually waiting for someone to spend the night with her. As Friends. The past few weeks have been enjoyable and gratifying for Jennie Kim.

She has been spending her time getting to know the sweetest yet silliest person she has ever met. She had never met someone who likes to goof around a lot and at the same time, is passionate about every single thing.

Roseanne Park is the most compassionate, kindest, humblest person and a gentlewoman, she may add. She truly underestimated and mentally scolded herself for not befriending her sooner.

But that isn't a problem anymore since the woman whom she has grown fond with is standing by the door holding a guitar and on the other hand, is a bag full of snacks.

"You've come prepared." The charming woman winked at Jennie who rolled her eyes while hiding her blush.

"It would be rude of me if I came empty handed. I hope you don't mind me bringing a guitar." She makes herself comfortable on the couch while putting the bag of snacks beside her.

"No, I don't mind at all. I would love to hear you play the guitar and sing. I wouldn't want to miss this opportunity at all." Jennie smiled as she sat next to her friend while getting a snack from the bag making Roseanne chuckle.

She observed her friend strumming her guitar with a serious expression on her face as if she was trying to think of what song she shall sing.

"You have any song requests?" Roseanne softly smiled and Jennie's breath hitched. No matter how many times they've hanged out together, she can never get enough of her friend's comely features.

She's just so..... perfect. That's all Jennie could describe her as a friend who is complimenting a beautiful person.

"Um, not really. Just sing whatever comes into your mind. I wouldn't mind at all." Her gummy smile appeared and Roseanne quickly looked away to hide the pink tint on her cheeks as the sight is making her insides weak.

She cleared her throat and positioned herself to play the guitar. She glanced at Jennie who was already staring at her with amusement.

"Here it goes."

I feel your heart cry for love,
But you won't let me make it right.
You were hurt, but I decided,
That you were worth the fight.
Every night, you lock up,
You won't let me come inside.
But the look in your eyes,
As I can turn the tide.

As she started singing the song, Jennie stiffened as she listened to the lyrics. Her erratic heartbeat started to take place as her soulful voice welcomes her hearing and Jennie knew in that moment, she's doomed.

In your heart, in your heart, in your heart,
I can tell you can fit one more.
In your heart, in your heart, in your heart,
I don't care who was there before.

She also wasn't sure if this song was Roseanne's way of confessing her feelings to her. If she had "feelings" for the brunette, that is. She quickly dismissed that presumptuous thought of hers. Roseanne doesn't and will never like her that way. They've only known each other for weeks.

I feel your heart cry for love,
Then you act like there's no room.
Room for me, or anyone,
"Don't disturb" is all I see.
Close the door, turn the key,
On everything that we could be.
If loneliness would move out,
I'd fill the vacancy.
In your heart, in your heart, in your heart,
Whhoooooooo
In your heart, in your heart, in your heart.
Whhoooooooo

Jennie was deeply entranced by her friend's dulcet voice that she didn't even notice the song had come to an end. She broke out of her haze when she noticed Roseanne tilting her head with her doe eyes innocently staring at her making her blush and ducked her head down.

The latter quietly chuckled which Jennie heard and put her guitar down beside her before moving closer to the brunette's vicinity.

She didn't look into her eyes, terrified that she might do something that she would regret so she stared at her chest which obviously didn't help tone down the pink tint on her cheeks.

She was about to back away when two fingers graze the side of her jaw until it stopped to her chin. Jennie gulped audibly and she knew the younger woman was showing her infamous smirk.

Jennie's mind was going haywire from Roseanne's bold move. Her brain told her to push the woman off but her heart rebutted to stay close and enjoy her presence. Guess who won?

"I'm guessing you liked the song or you just couldn't help but be jealous of my beauty, Kim?" Jennie finally looked up to her to see the latter still smirking and she slapped her hand away, suppressing a smile to form on her lips.

Though she failed to hide when a symphonious laugh blessed her ears.

"It's not funny, Park!"

"Wow, I never knew THE Jennie Kim gets so flustered easily."

"Ughhhh, stop it!!"

"Hmmmm, let me think..."

The young woman made a thinking face before averting her eyes to the fuming kitten. She slowly smirked and wiggled her eyebrows and inched closer to her.

By this time, both of their eyes are intensely focused on each other. Jennie could feel the mint breath hitting her chin and her eyes widened when warm lips lightly nipped her earlobe.

"If I said no, what would you do?" Chaeyoung huskily whispers before giving the brunette the space she needs.

Jennie snapped back to reality and saw the younger woman running towards the kitchen. Standing up with closed fists, she yelled at the aggravating and pulchritudinous neighbor of hers.

"Yah! PARK CHAEYOUNG!!"

~~~

Both women were laying down,  comfortable silence between them surrounded the whole unit but neither felt the need to ruin it as they both closed their eyes and listened to the pouring rain outside.

Unbeknownst to Jennie's knowledge, her drop-dead gorgeous of a neighbor was admiring her for the whole duration of thirty minutes.

Ensorcelled by the majestic features of her new found friend, her mouth blurted out words she didn't even think through before uttering them.

"You're beautiful, Jennie Kim."

The latter snapped her eyes open and faced her friend with a flummoxed expression on her face.

Her mouth failed to give back a remark when a thunder roared loudly followed by a flash of lightning making her whimper in fear and quickly fall on top of the younger woman.

Both soft hands locked around the latter's waist and face buried on the woman's chest, her body still trembling in fear but it died down when she felt a tender kiss on top of her head and warms hands securing her whole frame.

None uttered a word to each other and Jennie let the younger woman comfort her every time she flinched because of the loud roaring of the thunder.

Few minutes later, the rain has slowly stopped and Jennie didn't want to get up nor move away from Roseanne. She likes her warmth, it's comfy and cozy.

Roseanne seems to not show signs of being uncomfortable. In fact, she loves having her beauteous friend in her arms and wished to wake up like this when she opens her eyes first thing in the morning.

Now, their minds are both conflicted at what to do as they didn't want being in each other's arms to be disrupted by anything else.

Jennie bites her lip while unconsciously tightens her grip on her friend's waist. Her heart starts hammering on her chest when the words suddenly ring to her ears.

"Do you want me to stay for the night?"