CHAPTER SIX

"Adelaide!"

I rush upon her and give her a bear hug since we are nearly the very same height.

"My God, Lady Eloise,"

I apologised, "I'm simply so thrilled for today that I can't seem to help myself,"

She pats my head and says, "Lady Eloise, you're so cute."

I'm 15 and she's 19, therefore she can legally get married in her age

"We're heading to the city," I say as I gently hold her hands.

"But lady Eloise, you still need to learn this lesson." she said and showed me the book

I smiled at her and said, "I promised you yesterday that we'll are doing something enjoyable today, and also I wish for us to be friends."

And just like that, she have no choice but to go with me

In the companionship of Veronica, Adelaide and I entered the vehicle.

"Where are we heading, Lady Eloise?"

We're heading to the spa, and I'd like you to unwind today. My father gave his approval during dinner last night because we're getting along very well.

she grinned at me and replied, "I see, well, I'm looking for that, lady Eloise."

Once we got there, we enjoyed getting our nails painted and I bought her few things. We also enjoyed dining with Veronica at the finest restaurants.

I chuckle as I watch her screw up the table mantle, I pay for it though; our laughter filled the room, and, to be real, it was pretty entertaining.

We drove home, she was very delighted, "I had fun with you, Lady Eloise, I didn't know spending time with a friend would be this amazing"

"Is this your first time having fun with a friend?" I wondered.

She nods, "You know, I was overlooked when I was only a kid since my mother is a plain commoner. Although my father is a count, the whole servant in the family will not really give a rat's ass about me, sometimes they would failed to make dinner for me so I fall asleep with an empty belly, however I still receive much more love from my father, I could not go this far without him."

I was astounded since I had no idea that she had gone through that.

I'll do everything in my power to suggest her to the imperial palace. Her big break to success in the future would come from that.

"I should let the carriage drive you home, Adelaide; it's already dark,"

She smiled at me, "That sounds wonderful, lady Eloise."

I bid farewell to her when we reached the ducal's state.

"Lady Eloise, thank you a lot for today. I'll meet you tomorrow."

I grinned as she waved and I said, "Anytime."

It's been a long day, but I'm glad Adelaide and I are getting closer now. I walked into my bedroom and dressed into a different outfit.

I must move on to my next goal, which would be to banish the person who nearly destroyed me.

But why would she do such thing? I just really don't comprehend why she would wish to assassinate me while considering that she has served here the longest

Still it makes literally no sense, although if she despises me. This one is making my head hurt, I must check the cup in the city tomorrow.

She will then explain why she did that in considerable detail after my plan succed 

That makes me tired, therefore I should have dinner right away.

My father and brother had already been sitting at the table before I arrive.

My father remarked, "You're tardy," with a blank look on his face.

I was worn out from having spent the entire day with Adelaide in the capital.

"I see,"

Suddenly, my brother said, "Tell me, Eloise, would you like to acquire swordsmanship?"

"What?" I asked in astonishment.

"Some knight claimed to have witnessed you frequently observing them rehearse in the backyard."

the nerve!

I'm constantly in the garden because I'm concentrated on the dahlias rather than them.

Elliote added, "Or maybe you're into romance with a particular knight there."

My father coughs as I dropped my spoon. Elliote, you bastard,  talking rubbrish stuff in front of the food.

"Am I completely mistaken?" He ask

Absolutely mistaken

The duke responded, wiping his lips, "Well, it's natural for the a lady to become affectionate at a young age."

Grrr! These two are total dickheads.

I managed to state it gently, "No, I wasn't in love."

Elliote questioned again, "You want to master swordsman then?"

Swordsmanship? That's a fantastic idea, however I become nervous around sharp objects like blades.

"It has always been my desire to use a bow and arrows, and thus I decided to take up marksmanship."

It's a sarcasm, by the way

swords, arrows, what's the difference? They both have sharp edges

The duke said, "Marksmanship, huh? That wasn't a dumb choice, Augustus seems to be a brilliant swordsman, and he is extremely skilled at archery either, you should take some lessons with him."

"Augustus?"

Indeed, he is the person who instructs the troops on how they can enhance their capabilities.

Ah, that's why he's here. It nearly convinced me that he might become a knight inside this state.

"That's terrific suggestion," I laughed forcibly as I spoke.

The duke got up and went outside after saying, "Good, you'll be conducting the session starting tomorrow."

Am I capable of doing it? I regret agreeing to do this.