Chapter 10

Emma and Susan walked toward the door of the civil registration department in the city hall. This Friday morning, Emma and Ashton would legalize their marriage. Ashton had acquaintances in the city hall and was close enough to the mayor that they got special treatment to get married earlier than service opening hours. from Emma's side, Susan became a witness to their marriage while from Ashton's side, Ashton's best friend, Alexander Evans, was a witness as well. Noah woods was also there to witness their wedding.

Susan grabbed Emma's arm when they reached the door. Emma, ​​who was holding the doorknob, stopped and turned her head. "Em, are you sure about this? Once you go in there, you can't go back. Once you get out of this door, you become the wife of the Ashton Kings. This is your chance to escape." Susan said with the look of uncertainty in her eyes, hoping Emma would change her mind.

"San, you've heard all my stories in detail from the start. You were also there when I drafted the contract document. Please don't make me hesitate anymore." Emma smiled a little.

"I just want you to be happy. And all this, I think this sounds crazy."

" I know." Emma took Susan's hand soothingly. "Take a breath, San. Everything will be fine. I'll be happy."

“All right.” Susan nodded firmly. she took a deep breath. Emma smiled broadly. she opened the door and both of them went inside.

Ashton Kings, the mayor, Noah Woods, and a fairly familiar man were standing beside the civil registration clerk. Emma walked over to Ashton. Ashton smiled and nodded.

"Emma, ​​this is Alexander Evans, my best friend. Alex, this is Emma Clarke, my fiancé." Ashton put his arm around Emma's waist and introduced the man with the blonde hair and brown eyes beside her. Emma glanced at his arm around her waist then at Ashton's face. Feeling her sharp glance, Ashton tightened his arm and grinned.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Evans." Emma shook Alex's hand and smiled.

"Call me Alex." Alex winked one eye. "Hey, this is Susan Jenkins, right? Nice to see you again." Alex laughed at Susan. Everyone looked at the beautiful female model behind Emma.

Susan grimaced and waved her hand. "Yo, Evans. Greetings to your fiancé, Lily Romano." Seeing the look in Emma's questioning eyes, Susan shrugged. "Lily Romano is a friend and model partner."

Emma nodded. Then, she introduced Susan to the others.

" Can we start now?" Ashton nodded his head at the mayor. They agreed to get married immediately. The ceremony went on smoothly. Ashton and Emma also asked those present to keep their wedding a secret because they didn't want the paparazzi to know and they wanted to keep their privacy until they could have a good wedding reception. They had breakfast together to celebrate Ashton and Emma's wedding. After breakfast, they returned to their respective activities. Ashton drove Emma to Miller Inc. Susan returned to her boutique. Meanwhile Noah and Alex went to Kings Corp.

"What time are you coming home? I'll pick you up." Ashton turned to Emma. Their car stopped in the parking lot in front of the Miller inc.

"Don't know. I'll call you later." Emma answered while checking the contents of her bag.

"Ok. Don't forget, tonight we have dinner with Kayden." Seeing Emma giving an OK sign with her finger, Ashton shook his head in amusement. He just realized that Emma had a childish side too.

Emma got out of the car. She looked down at Ashton and waved her hand. Smiling, she said, "I'll see you later." Seeing Ashton smiling and nodding his head, Emma turned and walked toward her office.

****

Emma woke up after hearing the sound of her cellphone's alarm. She reached for the bedside table but couldn't reach it. she opened her eyes slowly. She saw the ceiling of her room was different. She also felt something heavy against her body. While collecting her soul, she tried to recall yesterday's events. Emma moaned softly after remembering that she married Ashton yesterday. she lowered her head looking at the sleeping Kayden hugging her. She closed her eyes again. After dinner, they went back to Ashton's house. Kayden was very happy to hear that the two of them were married. On their first night, Kayden insisted on sleeping with them. Ashton chuckled while Emma just shrugged.