Detetive Princess (part three)

"........." = talking
'..........' = thinking
............ = timeskip

Ariana's pov

The two men whispers among themselves behind the stage. But I can hear clearly using magic.

"There are many valuables in the main basement. Would you like to look them?"

"Will you take them here? I'll be waiting at the usual place."

"Of course, I'll do that."

The men go to their separate ways. This is a problem. We can't miss their basement nor the children who has been sold out.

"Felix, you go after the man who bought the children. I'll follow to their basement."

"Princess! I can't let you go alone."

If we take too many time, we will lost sight of them. I hurriedly whisper a name.

"Bella!"

At my call, a white bird appears and land on my elbow.

"If you finish, you can follow Bella. She will know my whereabout."

Felix then said with a sign.

"Haa...Princess, please don't do anything dangerous until I come."

"Okay, I won't."

..................

After following the man to their basemaent, I look what is in front of me in disbelief. The man went inside Count Preston's mansion. There seems to be a underground basement under the mansion.

Uga... what is this scent? I furrowed my eyes bows at the foul scent. The scent becomes stronger, the deeper I went into the underground. The man then stops in front of a door and knocks.

"My lord! I have come back."

I was startled by a familiar voice coming out from inside the door.

"Come in!"

The door opens and my suspicious are comfirm after seeing the count. But rather than the count being a criminal, the situation insode the room was even more terrified.

There is a child laying on the floor covered in blood and the count holding a bloody belt. Is he beating the child? I grip my teeth holding in my anger.

"The boy has been sold at $$$$$."

At the man's report, the count said in an annoyed voice.

"He is useless. Even after I went to such length feeding them until now just because they have my blood. What about the other?"

"She hasn't been found yet."

I silently listen to their talk glaring at the sh*# that sells his own children.

"I'm going to rest. You come up after cleaning this."

"Yes, my lord."

Once the Count left, the man kicks the child on the floor in annoyment.

"Fu**! Why should I clean up for him? That old fat!"

"Thub!"

I blow the man to the wall and walk toward the child. He is still alive. I sign in relieve after examinating the child's condition. I quickly heal the most serious injure.

"Uga...what is this?"

It seems like the man is still conscious. I pick up a wooden chair near me and beat him until he passed out. I can easily cast a sleeping magic but I'm not merciful enough to waste my mana twice on the like of him.