Chapter 83

In the end, Liu Shiyun hadn't lied. The blind date that she introduced Qian Wei to was truly excellent. His name was Zhou Qing, and he had a green card in the United States. However, he had recently returned to China and was ready to settle down after entering the finance industry. He was a very talkative person who was good at carrying the conversation and smoothly changing topics when the need arose. Also, he seemed to be very interested in Qian Wei and, throughout the meal, he took good care of her. Whenever he saw food that she liked he would considerately put it in her bowl for her and, whenever her tea ran out, he was always sure to add more like a gentleman.

Clearly, he was an excellent man, but for some reason Qian Wei just felt something was off.

At one point, during a moment when Zhou Qing had gone to the bathroom, Liu Shiyun winked at Qian Wei and said, "His quality is good, right?"

But Qian Wei just took a sip of her tea and sighed heavily.

Liu Shiyun wasn't happy with her response: "You tell me, which part aren't you satisfied with? Zhou Qing is already very tall, light-skinned, and handsome, right?"

"Yes, Zhou Qing is very handsome, but he's not as good as Lu Xun. He's quite tall, but not as tall as Lu Xun. His skin is quite pale, but not as much as Lu Xun. His eyes are pretty, but they don't have that sort of captivating thrill that makes your heart pound with a single glance like Lu Xun's."

"But at least he's considerate! When would that Lu Xun ever lower himself to serve you tea or give you food?"

Qian Wei thought for a moment and said seriously, "I now realize that I actually like Lu Xun's cold temperament. Think about it, you say that Lu Xun is inconsiderate, but doesn't that just show that he has never been in love before and, thus, has never learned that he should serve a girl tea? Furthermore, if you look at it from another angle, doesn't it mean that he's still very simple, unlike this Zhou Qing who already knows all the routines? Compared to him, Lu Xun is still a blank sheet of paper. If he ever gets a girlfriend, won't she be able to train him however she wants?! Don't you think he has a lot of plasticity and potential to be molded?"

"..." Liu Shiyun looked at Qian Wei sympathetically. "Qian Wei, I think you've been poisoned right down to your bones. Just think about it, is Lu Xun the kind of man a normal woman can mold?"

"It doesn't matter, I've already made up my mind. Even if I can't change him and he won't ever serve me tea, well, I'll just serve him the tea."

"Qian Wei, this is definitely Stockholm Syndrome. You've gotten used to being abused by Lu Xun all year round, and now you've finally awakened your deeply repressed masochistic side. However, my friend, what you look like now is like a person who has gotten used to eating dung all year round, and has slowly come to think that they can't do without dung, and even that they've fallen in love with dung. But it's just an illusion! You need to wake up! Dung is just dung!"

"If Lu Xun is dung, then I suppose I'm reluctantly willing to play the dung beetle."

"..."

With that said, Qian Wei subconsciously lowered her head and looked down at her phone.

Liu Shiyun was a little puzzled: "What are you looking at your phone for? Have you gotten a needy client recently or something? You've been checking your phone over and over again ever since you sat down."

Qian Wei's tone had a hint of frustration as she replied: "Before now there's never been a time when I ate out and Lu Xun didn't call me within an hour or so. I'm a little unaccustomed to the feeling. Maybe I already have a conditioned reflex? I feel a little flustered if he doesn't pop up to ask me to work overtime."