Chapter 87

Qian Wei was so happy she was practically giggling all the way back to the office.

"Calm down! Qian Wei! Calm down!"

Although she kept telling herself to keep calm and control herself, in the end, her happiness couldn't be hidden at all. Even if her mouth didn't say anything, her eyes uncontrollably leaked her real feelings.

"Lawyer Qian, what good thing happened? Why do the corners of your mouth keep curling up like that today?"

"Qian Wei, did you land a big client? Just look at the way your face is shining!"

Qian Wei couldn't understand. All she was doing was sitting quietly at her desk, so why were so many of her colleagues coming over to tease her? Were her emotions really so transparent?

Whatever the case, she was planning to go see Qian Chuan and Liu Shiyun and try to calm herself down. Just a while ago, she had called them both and invited them to come out for dinner with her.

After all, today Qian Wei wasn't in the mood to work overtime at all. When she looked at her paperwork, all she could think of was Lu Xun's face, and when she turned on her computer, she immediately found herself thinking of him again. With difficulty, she managed to plod through the rest of the day in this highly distracted state, and then when the workday ended, she immediately left the office and headed out. In the end, she ended up arriving very early at the restaurant where she had agreed to meet Qian Chuan and Liu Shiyun.

Then, to her great surprise, Qian Chuan and Liu Shiyun actually came together when they arrived.

"Why did you two come together?" Qian Wei asked, very puzzled.

Liu Shiyun cleared her throat: "Well, my car is in the shop for maintenance so I got in touch with Qian Chuan. It just so happened to be on his way, so he came to pick me up."

"Wait a minute." Qian Wei rolled her eyes. "Liu Shiyun, I seem to remember that you have seven cars, one for each day of the week. Even if one of them is in the shop, what about the rest?" She looked at Qian Chuan skeptically. "Also, don't you live on the east side of the city while she lives on the west side? What kind of route did you take for it to be 'on the way'?"

Liu Shiyun awkwardly averted her eyes: "As it happens, there was a big sale at the repair shop, so I sent all seven of my cars in for maintenance together. As for the location, well, I actually recently bought a house on the east side of the city."

Qian Wei snorted internally. It seemed her friend really knew how to spin a story. Since when would she ever care about the small savings from some discounted maintenance fees? Silently, she began to understand something in her heart, but she was careful not to let her realization show on her face. She wanted to watch how Liu Shiyun and Qian Chuan would try to put on a performance this time.

"Speaking of which, you two also came together last night, didn't you?" Qian Wei swallowed. "Actually, I had some questions about that. First of all, I'd really like you two to explain why you both just left me alone last night even though I was dead drunk? Second, I seemed to remember that I only texted Qian Chuan, so why did both of you end up showing up? Third, Qian Chuan, last time didn't you say you would always be around to protect and escort me? So how did you end up leaving me alone at the Hyatt last night while you went galavanting off with Liu Shiyun? Didn't the two of you not get along? Why don't you explain all of this?"

Qian Chuan paused awkwardly before decisively deciding to stick his neck out by telling her the truth, "Last night, by the time I arrived, you were already shamelessly clinging to Lu Xun! I didn't have time to stop it, okay?! And, I had met up with a friend at a bar to catch the game, but then I happened to run into Liu Shiyun while she was being harassed by some drunks. I only got your text after I had already helped her out, so I ended up bringing her along to the Hyatt with me. As for why I left you alone, with the heavens as my witness, I really did want to take you back with me, but you were wildly clinging to Lu Xun's neck, kissing and hugging him, I couldn't have pulled you away even if I wanted to. Not to mention, you didn't see Lu Xun's eyes at that time. If I had really tried to take you away from him, I'm pretty sure he would have beat me down on the spot." Qian Chuan frowned and said in an unhappy tone, "It's not like you don't know what's happened between us in the past. Back when we were younger I went to find him for a fight and got mercilessly beaten down. I'm already 28 years old now, I want to save my face too, okay?! If I had tried to fight him again, there wouldn't have been any benefit at all, right? It would just be asking for humiliation!"