Fourth Year // Chapter 15

A/N: This is the Yule Ball chapter, so be prepared for this to be a tad bit longer than the last few ones have been. There are a lot of plot points to be made during this chapter!

Tonight was the night. Tonight was the night of the Yule Ball. I sat on my bed thumbing through a copy of Witch Weekly looking for a way to do my hair. I scanned the various pages until I found a fantastic hair idea. 

I quickly got to work and gathered everything I needed

I quickly got to work and gathered everything I needed. I was just about to start when Hermione came in carrying her dress (which she made herself, a few days ago). 

"Mione! Help me!" I whirled around.

"What?"

"I need help with my hair, I know you have to go do your's but could you help me make sure this gets done right? I don't want to look like a freak out there with Cedric." I said giving Hermione the biggest pair of pleading eyes I could.

"Of course, Lori! I'll even do it all for you if you want me to. It is the least I could do after you gave me the extra galleons I needed for my fabric." She said walking over. 

I didn't spend too much on my dress and had some money left. I planned on giving it back to Mum and Dad, but I heard Hermione muttering over not having enough for the fabric she needed. I being the amazing person I am slipped her the rest of the money she needed. 

"It was nothing, Hermione. You deserve to have a fantastic dress." I said as Hermione began to read the instructions for the hairstyle. Once she was finished (which it totally didn't take 2 hours to do), she went into the bathroom to get ready while I quickly applied my makeup. 

Once all my makeup was on, I walked over to the wardrobe in our room and pulled out the hanger with my dress on it. I lightly tapped on the bathroom door and poked my head in. 

"Would I be able to come in and change? You know Lavender. She'll just come barging in with Pavarti soon, and I don't want them to see my dress just yet."

"Of course! Besides you and me both technically have to wait for the "grand unveiling" of our dresses." Hermione said with a dramatic flair.

"Really? Why's that?"

"I never told you did I?" Hermione said turning around. "Viktor Krum is my date!"

"Really?!" I quickly hung my dress on a hook near the shower and rushed over. "Ron will go bonkers! Hermione, do you need to torture my twin?"

"Ron? Why would he be bothered by Krum and me?" She said facing the mirror and applying some lipstick. 

"Why?" I chuckled. "My dear, dear Hermione. Don't you remember during my first year when I told you Ron fancied you?"

"Yes, of course. I retaliated with the fact that you liked Neville."

"Still do, but that's not the point. Mione, I KNOW my twin. The moment he sees you out there with Krum, he will lose all of his dignity."