26. No ogling

Ace

"Okay. Let's end this for once and for all." Athena said in spirit, while I took in a deep breath.

"Ready?"

"Ready."

She uttered a silent prayer before shaking her loosely closed hand firmly, dropping the dice which landed on two and one.

"Three." She announced happily, handing me the dice. I took it confidently.

I will win.

I shook it quite a lot, finally releasing it. We both lean in eagerly to see the numbers. It was 1 and 1.

"Oh no." She muttered.

"Oh yes." I smirked at her, shoving the shopping bags and scarf into her arms. She groaned openly but I just smirked even more.

"I told you I would go out, but you insisted we do this. And now you lost." My smirk widened as she frowned. She must have remembered that I was a competitive asshole, a successful competitive asshole.

The news informed us of another storm, but before that, we had almost about half an hour to run around to be safer or to buy something necessary.

I needed a few more clothes and we both needed more food. We couldn't go to the mansion since it was miles away, and the panicked New York traffic would add to the time.

Let's just say we are trapped for another day. 

Trapped is not the word.

With a pouty face, she got up and disappeared into her room. My eyes strayed to the window and stared at the skies. It was dark, stormy, and ready to roar.

Do I really want her to go out in this? No.

I got up, still in her sweatpants and the largest hoodie I could find, and walked to the door. "Ace...?" I turned to look at Athena who has dressed and was staring at me.

"I am going out." My reply was instant and she quickly rushed towards me. "But I was gonna g- -"

"You. Stay in. I. Will go out." Grabbing the shopping bag from her grasp, I was out the door. A low roll of the thunder in the skies made me pause and turn around, opening the door again.

"Don't die." I grabbed the back of her neck, placing a tender kiss on her forehead, and I was out again.

I tried hard not to smile as her perplexed face flashed in my mind. "I should be telling you that!" I had to smile at the shout I received by the lawn.

*********

Finally, in time.

Rain was starting to slightly dribble down but I was back at her house with all the necessities. I opened the door silently, removing the hoodie the next second. I hated clothes.

"No, I don't need to hear shit from you. You are the only reason Ace is like this." Athena's voice shouted from the only bedroom, making me freeze.

Is that... No.

"You fucking bitch, how dare you make Ace concentrate on you more than me?!" I heard thud noises as if she was hitting something on the floor, making my heart beat accelerate. I dropped the things on the kitchen counter as my head turned its gears.

How did she find me here?

Not like this. Never should she know about this. At least not like this.

"Stop whining! You will never take him away from me. You will never succeed, no matter how much relation he holds to you in his past." My ears pounded as I broke out in a run.