The Warewolf AU (1/5) || 03

"Bunny!" Aera called, running after her best buddy who ran faster on hearing the girl toddle behind, attempting to catch it's tail which always looked fascinating to the three year-old. Soft, brown and twisted in a question mark shape whenever he sat quietly, holding a nut in his tiny hands and nibbled on it precisely.

"It's not a bunny, Aera." Taehyung chuckled, crouching down near the tree where Mr. Squirrel just ran up to, and extended his hand out waiting for the little furry creature to come.

"Bunny" Aera shook her head, running up to him and standing in his embrace as he wrapped his one arm around her smaller body, and gestured towards the squirrel, "Bunny, my friend le's play."

"It's a squirrel, baby."

"His name is Bunny." The girl said, sitting on the bare ground, taking the nut from Mr. Squirrel and almost putting it in her mouth, probably wanting to know what her best friend's favourite food tasted like.

"No Aera," Taehyung stopped her in time, unclenching her fingers and took the nut, placing it in front of Mr. Squirrel who seemingly shook his head, sighing at the kid and climbed up the tree as if telling Taehyung that it's fine and he's used to Aera snatching his nuts.

"You got a good friend." Taehyung laughed earning a faint squeak of agreement from Mr. Squirrel.

They heard a growl, making Taehyung sigh as he turned around and a white coated wolf jumps out from the bush nearby, eyes fixed on the male, grunting a hiss as he pounced forward attempting to scare him. But soon stopped, noticing that it wasn't having much effect, not even on the kid who just laughed and clapped her hands cheering for her brother.

"Why do you even try this?" Taehyung scoffed, pushing the wolf's face away, making his blue eyes cower down for a second before looking up with another wave of mischief washing over. "Go away Jungkook, you're not looking scary."

The wolf shook his head, using his paw to remove the butterfly that just sat on his nose and jumped back, growling at the insect who now caught Aera's attention. The girl cackled happily, running behind the new presence and chasing it until it was high enough in the air, making her pout and turn to Jungkook, hand pointing at the purple butterfly that flew away.

Jungkook stepped forward, licking the toddler fondly making her giggle and grab his fur, "Koo" She mumbled, laughing as Jungkook continued licking her clean. She looked up at his face, sticking her tongue out and licked his fur in return, however ended up making a weird face at the taste of his white fur instead of his smooth and soft cheek that he has in the human form.

Taehyung laughed from behind and stood up, carrying the girl in his arms as Jungkook raised his head still occasionally licking Aera's hand. Taehyung petted his head and gestured for him to come inside as the sun was almost down now.

"Me sittin' on Koo's back." Aera said, leaning down from Taehyung's arms, earning a chuckle.

"Jungkook-ah wait," Taehyung called and sat Aera on his back.

Jungkook looked back, seeing the girl smiling widely at him, she shifted forward until being right on his shoulder bone, and hugged his neck tightly, hoping he'd run now. Taehyung shook his head, patting Jungkook's back as he jogged towards the house, giving a signal to the wolf to run and race him to the living room.

Jungkook growled playfully, running towards the house which was barely twenty meters away from the garden, only for Aera. The girl laughed, holding onto her brother running in a much slower pace than his actual capability just so the toddler doesn't fall down.

"Yah! I've told you guys so many times not to run inside the house!" The eldest groaned, hands on his hips as he shot a strict glare at the youngest, seeing that he was still in the wolf form and would probably make a mess in the house, later claiming that he was 'just playing' with Aera and Tae hyung.