Chapter 9

"People change when they meet someone new just like how I started to change when my fate got tangled with you."

ROSÉ

"OMG! You ate dinner with Jennie's paren—" I didn't finish what I was saying because Lisa covered my mouth with her hands.

"Shhh! Can you be more discreet? You're too loud!"

"What's with you two? Did I miss something?" Jisoo, who just arrived placed her bag next to me and occupied the seat beside Lisa's.

We are at the cafeteria eating our lunch earlier than usual since we don't have classes anymore.

"You did! You missed me," I teased Jisoo which made her act like she's going to throw up. We laughed at her playful reaction.

"So as I was saying, we stayed here until eight last night and then I drove her home—"

"You drove her home?! Jennie? You mean the Jennie that I know?!" Jisoo uttered not believing what Lisa is saying.

"It's not what you think it is. I'm still slowly taking the ladder. In fact, I don't know if I have made any progress."

"You made progress. Just by driving her home, that's a big leap on the ladder Lisa-yah," I said before I ate another mouthful of my home made lunch.

"Tell us more, what happened next?" Jisoo said, anticipation trained in her voice.

"We were talking in the car when her father approached us and just like that I ate with them."

"What did you talk about?"

"It wasn't really talking," Lisa paused.

"It was more like bickering."

"You're crazy by doing that. It will take you years before you win her," I gasped.

"She's right Lisa. You must at least try not to fight with her. Patience is the key. Don't let your temper control you and clash with her opinions. You're the one who needs something. You need her. She's the reason why you're here eating with us, remember that always and take a hold of yourself."

Is this Jisoo who's talking? Because I can't tell if she is the one giving the advice. I stood up and clapped like an idiot.

"Woah. Jisoo-yah, that was terrific! I almost cried by the seriousness in your tone. I almost forgot that you're the same Jisoo who loves chicken."

I laughed hard as I sat back. Jisoo tried to hit me but missed. She's such a cutie.

"I can't believe that I'm doing something like this. Winning someone over. That's too childish but I still have to, for the sake of my easy life."

We immediately turned our heads to the direction where we heard screams and cheers from the students. And there we found Jennie standing in front of Mino who was kneeling before her with a bouquet of roses in one of his hands.

"Waaaaah! Mino is making Jennie her girlfriend!"

"They will probably be a power couple if that happens!"

"Jennie is too lucky to have Mino kneel before her!"

"They're cute!"

"Mino please take my heart too!"

"Why Jennie? She is a difficult one. Will Mino be able to get her to say yes?"

"Who's Mino?" Lisa asked firmly. Her eyes were fixed on the couple in the making.

"He is one of the most handsome students of Anwyll University. He came from the family of lawyers and doctors. They own plenty of law firms and hospitals. He is a rich kiddo!" I explained.

"He has been making a move on Jennie since freshmen years. I think it is only now that he's got the courage to ask Jennie boldly like this," Jisoo added.

Lisa was now clenching her fist by the sight of cheering students. She must be upset that if Jennie would say yes, it will be harder for her to get close to Jen. Of course Mino would be beside Jennie all the time, meaning alone time with Jennie will be as tough as entering a needle's hole.

"Jennie, you're like a wildfire and I'm the dry forest. You colonized me without your knowing. I know that you know about my feelings from the very start. I am in love with you, Jennie Ruby Jane Kim."

Mino said which made the whole cafeteria explode with the students' screaming voices and giggles.

"Mino is so sweet!"

"Jennie please don't break his heart!"

"Please say yes to him Jennie!"

"I love MinNie!"

"MinNie!"

Lisa stood up and started walking towards the direction where Jennie and Mino is at.

"Where the hell is she going?" Jisoo asked when she noticed that Lisa is drawing closer to the crowd.

"Just let her. She knows what she's doing," I held Jisoo's wrist when she's about to stand up and get Lisa back on her seat.

I know Lisa. She wouldn't do something that will embarrass her or make her look like a fool. She's going to try and make Jennie pick, between her and Mino without saying any word.

She's got confidence and I don't know where did she get it. She barely knew Jennie, and the latter barely knew her too. 

But I got to trust Lisa. She is something that someone can't avoid even if it is the ice queen, Jennie Kim.

I saw how Jennie's eyes landed on Lisa before it reaches Mino again.

"Jennie, I will not ask this twice. Will you be my girlfriend?"

By that question, the crowd go wild. And then a moment of silence laced with ostensive anticipation ate everyone up, all were waiting for Jennie's answer. But before Jennie could answer, someone interrupted Mino's proposal and held Jennie aggressively by the hand.

"You don't have to answer his hopeless question, Ruby Jane."