125. Anna I want to help you!

John Peter looked at Anna and asked, "Uncle didn’t come with you?"

Normally, John Peter didn’t talk to Anna like this, but now, he just looked for opportunities to talk to her.

Anna looked at John Peter and thought that he was really mad. Last time, she did so wrong to him. He should be angry with her. On the contrary, he had changed her attitude and suddenly became so good and obedient.

Was there anything hidden in his heart that couldn’t be seen with eyes?

Olivia Taylor saw his son’s changed attitude towards Anna and smiled. "Your uncle hasn’t come back from a business trip. I think he will come tomorrow. I thought Anna would bore at home, so I asked her to come over here."

John Peter said, "Okay."

Anna’s eyes fell on Claire Ashley. Claire Ashley flaunted that she and John were going to Dali, but now they didn’t go. It seemed funny.

Anna also didn’t miss the chance, "I heard that you two are going to Dali. Why didn't you go?"

If Anna knew it before that they didn’t go, she won’t come here. She particularly disliked to see John Peter in the absence of Daniel Taylor.

John Peter was afraid of Anna’s misunderstanding. He denied directly, "No we had no such plans."

"Really?" Anna sarcastically glanced at Claire Ashley. Claire Ashley felt even more embarrassed.

But Claire has promised to John that she will patch up with Anna. So she had to force herself to squeeze out a flattering smile, "I also brought a gift for Anna."

"Gift?" Anna looked at Claire Ashley. She knew Claire Ashley liked to pretend and wanted to behave better in front of Olivia Taylor to change her impression on her!

Claire Ashley took out a set of cosmetics from her bag. "Anna, this is for you. I asked my father to bring it from abroad. Do you like it?"

"I don’t need it. I don’t accept such expensive things," Anna replied.

Claire Ashley was also unwilling to give up. She took out a card and said to Anna, "Last time you came to my house to borrow money, it was difficult to manage at that time, but now things have been changed. My mother asked me to give this money to you."

Anna said, "I don’t need it now. Take it back."

"Anna, I just want to help you." Claire Ashley pretended to be aggrieved, "I know that you hated me before because my family didn’t lend you money, but at that time, my family was really in a bad situation…"

Anna’s face was stiff. Unexpectedly, Claire Ashley mentioned this now.

Anna knew that Ashley’s family was not short of money. They were just unwilling to lend it to her. But it was their money and they had the right to choose whether to lend it to others or not. Anna has never hated her for this.

But now Claire Ashley's words expressed as if she ended her friendship with Claire because the Ashely family didn’t lend her money. Claire was really cunning and shameless. For the first time, Anna had the impulse to slap Claire in the face.

However, Olivia Taylor was here. Anna didn’t want to let herself lose her demeanor. She couldn’t reveal her anger.

Anna smiled at Claire Ashley. "When it comes to borrowing money, I think of that day. You said that my family was poor, and I have no future. I’d better listen to my mother and should get married. Now, if you lend money to someone like me, aren’t you afraid that I am not worthy of it?"

Claire Ashley originally wanted to make everyone think that Anna left her because she was angry that Ashley’s family didn’t lend her money. But Anna’s words directly left her speechless. The scene was the best example of count one’s chickens before they hatch.

On the contrary, Anna revealed that it was Claire Ashley’s character, that worth pondering.