64| I'd call him Daddy

ARABELLA'S POV

ARABELLA'S POV

The atmosphere of the room remained tense even after the initial shock of Bryn's relation with Rhett came to light.

I wasn't sure for how long I stayed there gaping at Rhett feeling a numb kind of sensation in the pit of my stomach, my heart raced as my brain kept repeating the one question over and over again.

Was Rhett really Bryn's father?

I didn't know what to think or how to react anymore. My mouth kept opening and closing on its own accord as my eyes stared at the two boys, who were still holding onto each other silently.

I had no idea what to perceive any longer. At this point, I was speechless. My lips pursed together as my chest kept rising and falling with each breath.

I felt a hand holding mine, as I turned to face Lucca, who was already staring at me with pain and something resembling pity in his eyes.

The silence in the room was broken by a baby voice that came from the child in Rhett's arms.

My face jerked towards them swiftly and my hand instantly came to cup my mouth in fright, when I heard the words that came out of his mouth.

"Da-da, I'm hungry, I haven't eaten in two days. The bad man said no food, please don't leave me with him again." Bryn said with soft sniffles to Rhett in his innocent sweet voice.

And almost immediately Rhett's face contorted in shame and guilt.

He looked like every single word slashed right through his heart. He immediately brought the little guy back to his embrace as tears threatened to fall down from his eyes.

Rhett's teary eyes met mine as I read the pleading question behind them. My heart was breaking from the words of Bryn, and by the look of pain on Rhett's face.

I was still frozen in place, unable to react, my mouth stayed shut while my feet remained permanently glued to the floor.

"Could you please bring him some food? I will repay you back as soon as I have the money." Rhett asked, to nobody in particular.

His gaze was glaring down on the floor as he avoided making eye contact with any of us, but his voice sounded embarrassed.

An involuntary sob left my mouth which was gladly muffled by the hand that was still placed on my mouth.

"Come with me, I'll make you both something and you owe us nothing dear." Grandma said softly beckoning Rhett, who followed her to the kitchen with Bryn in his arms.

Aunty Rosa and Aunty Isabella also went after them as I stayed rooted at my place.

My eyes were staring in the distance with tears flowing down my eyes, as the gravity of the situation weighed down on me.