Chapter 32: Flowers And Dates

I guess this is just a fluffy chapter? Not much is happening but small family moments :) Also: long. Really long. So grab a snack haha.

Wednesday morning, the alarm rudely cut their sleep off. But unlike every other day, Katya didn't groan. No, instead a wide grin formed on her lips, even with her eyes closed. Natasha though, she was grumpier than ever, almost knocking the alarm off the nightstand.

When she turned back to Katya to pull her close for their usual five-minute wakeup time, the brunette's enthusiastic expression stopped her. Leaving Katya high and dry on purpose, she closed her eyes with her face to the ceiling, no part of her body touching Katya's. ''Don't say it.''

''I'm gonna say it,'' Katya grinned, turning to her side and propping her head up on her hand. Her eyes trailed over Natasha's face, from her forehead to her nose, her closed eyes, her lips and her chin. She knew she was being stared at, but didn't care.

''Don't,'' Natasha warned, her eyebrows furrowing.

Katya chuckled and pressed her lips against her forehead, brushing over her skin as she whispered, ''Happy birthday.'' 

A loud groan left Natasha's lips. And still with her eyes closed, she turned and buried her face in Katya's neck, feeling arms wrap around her tightly, a kiss pressed to her head. ''If you bought me anything...'' she started, her breath tickling Katya's neck and collarbone as she spoke her threat.

Katya smiled at her adorable behavior, staring at the ceiling as her hand slipped underneath Natasha's shirt, lazily running up and down. ''I promise on my soul that I didn't. No presents. From me at least...''

Natasha frowned against her skin, lifting her head to look at Katya. ''You didn't let her spend her pocket money on anything, right?'' Maya got a lot more money than a normal kid her age got. Not that she did anything with it.

''I promise, she didn't spend anything,'' Katya reassured her, smiling because she knew exactly what Maya did for her mom's birthday. It was their little secret. One which they had been able to hide surprisingly well.

Natasha watched her closely, narrowing her eyes slightly, but was unable to find any clues in Katya's blue ones. Giving up, she dropped her head back into Katya's neck. ''I'm worried,'' she mumbled.

''Don't be,'' Katya chuckled, drawing circles on Natasha's back. ''Just a warning, though. I'm taking you out tonight. Just the two of us. In a fancy restaurant with actual good food. No protests. I called May and she said she'd love to watch Maya for the night, have a little sleepover at Peter's.''

''I'll accept that,'' she muttered, shifting to be more comfortable. ''But only because I like good food. And seeing you in a fancy dress.''

Katya hummed skeptically. ''That's the best reason you can think of for a night out with your wife?'' They hadn't had a date in months and deserved a nice night out with just the two of them.

''Yes.''

''Alright,'' Katya chuckled, sensing how Natasha was about to fall asleep again. And she would have let her, if not for wanting to make the most of this day. ''Let's get out of bed.''

She went to get up, waiting for Natasha to let go of her body, but the redhead had entirely different plans. Her grip on Katya's waist tightened and her face pushed further into her neck. 

''Today is all about me, right?'' she asked, her tone not betraying what she planned.

''Yeah...'' Katya trailed off, unsure, relaxing on the bed again.