きゅう- Nine

Because he is dead

Because he is dead.

The phrase kept repeating in Y/n's ears like an echo, even after Aizawa was gone. He left almost immediately after telling her how Oboro died crushed by debris during a fight with a villain. Then nothing more was said and she didn't even notice when the front door closed, leaving her alone in the apartment.

She didn't know how much time she stayed there, staring at nothing, but eventually she went automatically to bed and lay down staring at the celling for a while, her mind processing the fact that one of her great friends had died in combat not much after she was put under sleep by Kronos.

Shirakumo Oboro.

From all her friends, Oboro was the one Y/n thought would live a long and happy life. He deserved it.

But destiny was one more time revealing their cruel side.

He died and she wasn't there. She wasn't there to help him, to save him. She didn't even know about his demise until now.

Memories of their time together flowed in her mind vividly and she finally let go crying tears of guilt and grief.

She would never see again that excited teeth-bearing smile and those blue eyes and strands. She would never hear his loud laugh and be crushed by his warm hug.

Y/n smiled remembering their time together, but at the end sadness and regret prevailed and her happiness faded like the last rays of sun before a harsh winter.

She curled up, her chest tightening in a hurtful way.

She missed him.

And it hurt.

A lot.

So much she desired to stop feeling everything.

Thinking that way, numbness wouldn't be that bad if it meant all the pain would go away. She would trade in a blink moments of joy for moments of peace.

"Why did you save me..?" the girl whispered to the darkness, crystalline drops sparkling in her eyes.

?"  the girl whispered to the darkness, crystalline drops sparkling in her eyes