Chapter twelve

Playlist: Cherry - Lana Del Ray

###

My dreams were interrupted by the non-stop buzz of my phone.

Shit, I forgot to turn off the sound.

I tried to reach the bedside table to answer it without me leaving the warm bed but this plan failed.

As I looked at the watch and saw that it's only nine in the morning, I let out a small growl. I have at least two more hours of sleep.

During my whole life, my active phase activates at night so, I'm not the morning person. If I could I would spend the day sleeping and living my life at night. Just like a vampire.

The phone stopped ringing just to start over again.

I got out of bed and went to the phone.

''Fuck!'' I screamed out in pain when my toes kissed the bed.

On the screen, there were dozens of unread messages and a couple of missed calls from an unknown number.

Interesting. There are only a few people who know my number.

Out of curiosity, I decided to answer.

Before I could say something, I heard an unstoppable stream of words.

''Thank God, I thought you gave me the wrong number and only God knows what would I do if that was true.''

Oh, it is Jack.

''Good morning to you too,'' I said and let out a relieved sigh.

''Were you sleeping?'' He asked, ignoring my previous statement.

''Seems like that, I had a long time in a club and speaking of alcohol I don't remember what I was drinking and my head is about to explode, so keep it quiet, pleeease,'' I emphasized on the last word.

''So, at least one of us had fun at night,'' His voice was a bit lower than before, ''What about bringing you back to senses with a cup of coffee or something stronger?'' He continued, making me think about it.

The idea is not that bad. I don't have any plans and it's better to spend time with Jack than in the company of old perverts in a casino.

''You are my lifesaver!'' I said while making my way back to bed.

''More like a hangover saver, but I'm fine with both variants.'' I heard him let out a small laugh.

''What a shy kid,'' I said to myself.

''You said something?'' He asked me.

Huh, he's not only shy but also deaf.

''Yeah, send me the address and time, I'll meet you there.''

I hung up before he could say something.

I would lie to myself if I would say losing him was something easy to handle.

It's so weird to have someone from my previous life. What if I'll never be able to run away from my past, what if it will hunt me for the rest of my life. No matter how happy I'm to see Jack again, memories will chase me till my last breath.

Every time I think about my past trying to break me I imagine a storm in the ocean. No matter how angry it's trying to be, it never breaks. It's impossible to break the water. Ocean can destroy everything in its path, but not the other way around. I'm not afraid of the touch of water but people. Unlike humanity it can wash my pain away, people can only make this pain worse.