5:Burial Mountain

Chapter five: Burial Mountain.

After an hour the carriage stopped and the two girls jumped down breathing in the fresh air

After an hour the carriage stopped and the two girls jumped down breathing in the fresh air. Yu An felt the dangerous aura of the mountain and smiled while her arm hairs stood up.

❝Say Ruosheng, do you know why the mountain is called Burial Mountain? ❞Yu An asked and they start to walk.

❝It says that a long time ago humans fought a dragon here and they succeeded in killing it, but the hero that lead the army in that fight also died. Also more than half of that army died and their bodies disappeared mysteriously and this mountain appeared here after. Some think the mountain was created from the spiritual energy remained in those who died since the spiritual energy here it's a lot. It's a good place to cultivate and breakthrough, but it's also dangerous. ❞Ruosheng explained.

❝Is that so... Alright, let's find those herbs then. ❞ Yu An said determined to get her herbs and become stronger.

A loud roar shook the ground scaring Yu An and Ruosheng.

❝What was that? ❞Ruosheng asked looking at the birds fleeing.

❝Miss, it's a spirit beast, but it's hurt. Someone is trying to kill her, she's in pain. Let's save her. ❞ Mo said appearing in front of Yu An in his human form.

❝Alright, let's go. ❞Yu An said and quickly ran towards the beast.

There was it, a gigantic Phoenix and a group of men with weapons in their hands trying to kill the bird.

❝Your highness, let me take care of them. ❞Ruosheng said and got her sword.

❝You can kill them? ❞Yu An asked looking at the men who didn't even noticed their presence.

Ruosheng nodded determined.

❝Go then. ❞ Yu An said and stepped back supporting her back in a tree.

Ruosheng jumped in front on the hurt Phoenix.

❝Who are you? ❞a man asked.

❝Leave little girl, this is not a place for women. ❞

Ruosheng started to count.

1

2

3

The man attacked her and Ruosheng swung her sword, killing them right and left without much struggle.

Soon, only corpses stood on the ground. Ruosheng cleaned her sword and placed in back.

The Phoenix looked at the two human girls and then noticed Mo.

❝A nine tailed fox? ❞ the phoenix voice rang through the forest.

❝That's right. How did you end up hurt?Those humans were below your rank. ❞

❝Something strange have been happening in the mountain. Some spirit beasts gone crazy and one attacked me. The humans found me already hurt, and the wound isn't small. ❞