30 | surprise party

THIRTY. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

warning: nippon team on crack

the girls from the nippon team roster all fidgeted in excitement as they glanced around their hard work.

colorful streamers hung around the ceilings, a karaoke set, an array of several japanese and western cuisines were all on the western dining table they'd set up- with the help of the hotel crew, and a two-tier coffee and mocha flavored birthday cake was at the center, along with small cupcakes of the same flavor.

they'd just gotten off practice and were currently gathered inside their shared lounge room, waiting for a certain someone to arrive.

it was a surprise that they were able to pull this off with barely an hour of setting up- since they just finished practice not even an hour ago, but with the help of the hotel crew, and their coach- who pulled some strings with the japan national youth basketball association to get some additional hands- they managed to do everything flawlessly.

the clock ticked speedily, and this had everyone on the edge of their seats.

"it's half past eleven, where could she be?" jordan was biting her nails anxiously as she paced around in circles.

ichigo pursed her lips, she too was worried. she wasn't even allowed to get ahold of the girl since this was supposed to be a surprise. therefore, all they could do was pace around and worry like jordan.

"she's here!" the blonde haired girl who went by the name takemichi alerted everyone.

however, she quickly gasped dramatically, her eyes widening, making everyone look at her in confusion and curiosity.

"code red! code red!" she started chanting from her position by the window.

"code red?!" hanuka panicked, which made the other members frantically panic as well.

"huh? code red?" utsui's brows furrowed as she turned in her seat on the sofa and looked at takemichi.

"oh we forgot to tell you.." hanuka trailed off. "code red means she's coming back with a guy."

"a what?!" utsui blinked in disbelief. she ran towards the window where everyone was looking and took a peek.

sure enough, there was her good friend, ymari shekinah seinaru, with an unfamiliar tracksuit jacket draped over her shoulders, walking close to a guy, side-by-side.

her eyes widened, and out of habit, she started taking photos for blackmail.

takemichi panicked, "oh crud, what do we do, what do we do-"

"stop panicking, it's annoying." ryuguji pulled the blonde's space bun with a frown. she then looked at the rest of her teammates. "if she invites him up, let's let him join the party. that's the proper thing to do."