16. Bitter Memories

AARON

The presence of this Smith is annoying as hell. Why can't he just call Scarlett, Ms. Walter? He's acting as if she is his girlfriend.

Why doesn't he walk off to some volcano and jump into the molten lava?

Another irksome character in the room is Dylan. I swear, if he dared to say jellyfish again, I'll carve him out into a real jellyfish.

Only my Lett is the smart one in the midst of these fools.

My Lett? What the hell is wrong with my mind? Why am I being possessive? Ugh... I'm cringing at my thoughts!

She isn't mine. Neither would I ever want to make her mine. She is just a random cunning woman whose apartment I snatched in a snap. From whom I seek revenge.

But she is too kind... she took care of me when my ankle sprained, right? It is me who's evil.

NO! She is sly like a fox. I am right. I have always been.

She cheated on me!

My hand automatically slammed so hard on the table, that the bang dragged all eyes in the room on me.

"You okay dude? Or should I lower the temperature of AC?", Dylan asked.

I looked away, and all the eyes reverted back to their jobs.

"But Lett, we need a professional hacker for it. You happen to know any?", Smith asked.

"Of Course I do.", Scarlett beamed with confidence, "I have a friend in Florida. Samantha Reed, CEO of..."

"X-ORB Gamings.", I completed her sentence, "But how can she help us in this hacking thing?"

"You know her? Ex-girlfriend or something?", Dylan eyed me with narrow eyes.

"Shut up for heaven's sake Dylan. We just met once in a business event last year.", I said.

I've also heard of the girl from many of my business acquaintances. She's a self-made entrepreneur who established a large empire within four years.

"She is a close friend of mine.", Scarlett began, "Hers is not just an ordinary game developing company. X-ORB also helps companies by providing security solutions and Samantha is the best hacker I've ever known. She would definitely help us."

"Then what are you waiting for? Call her.", Smith said.

"Keep it on speaker please.", Dylan said pissing Scarlett, who did as he demanded.

"Hello Sam, what's up?", Scarlett said.

"Hey Lett! I'm doing well. When are you planning on visiting this side of the country?", said a cool voice from the other side.

"Very soon, now that I'm back to my business again."

"There, you made it. Congrats girl! Happy to learn you're returning back. So, what's the trouble that made you remember me?"

"Too straightforward.", Scarlett said with a smirk.

"I've always been. Let's talk work now."

"Can you track a device?"

"You know I'll do it as long as..."

"...it is ethical. I know. The device is stolen and I want the thief in any way possible. Moreover, it's a private issue."

"Well now, that makes it more than ethical. Anything for you. Please elaborate."

"There are these devices, the MR Glasses of FuTech."