17. Birthday?

SCARLETT

Today, after the office, Rachael invited me and Amy to her house for a sleep over, which is meant for discussing preparations of her wedding.

The initial plan was her coming to my place, but then she insisted on doing the other way round, much to my displeasure.

I could only hope not to encounter Aaron around, the probability of which is minute, considering he is always on the look of ways to infuriate me.

I had asked Rachael to visit Amy's office today to see if she likes any of the previous designs of the wedding dress, and that's how they are well acquainted. Albeit, Rachael didn't like any, and entreated on a custom one.

I and Amy just arrived the Andersons' mansion where Mrs. Anderson welcomed us with warm hugs.

We were then dragged to the dining table, where she had too many dishes prepared for us. God, this lady reminds me of my Mum.

"You are so sweet Mrs. Anderson.", Amy complimented.

"So are you, dear. Rachael's dad is out of town with his friends, so he couldn't join us. I'm sorry that you had to wait for my son.", she said in her usual soft and delightful tone.

"It's alright Mrs. Anderson.", I said.

"Oh dear, you both can call me Janette, darlings.", she said.

This woman is so pleasant that her presence itself fills the house with cheerfulness.

"Oh, there he is.", she said looking at Aaron, who was stepping down the stairs.

"Did we miss anything?", came a familiar voice from the entrance. When we looked at its direction, we found Alex and Dylan standing there. They walked over to us.

"You both here?", I asked them.

"Amy told me you both will be coming here, so I asked Alex why not we too join you guys. That would be fun.", Dylan informed cheerfully.

"That makes you both uninvited guests.", Aaron derided them stony-faced.

"Manners Aaron.", Janette glared him like last time when I was here, "And I'm pleased that you both joined. Come let's have dinner.", she said to them.

Aaron as usual sat at the dinner table as if someone has mixed the bitter gourd juice in his food. I know it is because of my presence, as he got the seat just beside me.

The whole dinner table was filled with guffawing, except the part where we sat.

"Hey Lett. Tell them, how I suggested you a great idea today.", Dylan said.

"Before that, they should know how you pissed everyone out today.", Aaron said on my behalf.

"Oh Janette, look at the way he treats me.", Dylan complained like a kid.

"Don't you drag her in this.", Aaron said warning him with a spork.

"Have y'all decided the wedding venue?", I asked Rachael, ignoring their silly banter.

"Yes, we're keeping it in Australia."

"Why? Did you meet this kangaroo there?", Amy asked eyeing Alex, "If that be the case, then I must say, the place is jinxed!"

"Lett, why are you still friends with this girl?", Alex caviled me.

"No Amy.", Rachael said, "Actually, we visited there last year and I loved that place a lot."

"Rae, don't make the mistake that Lett made. Stay away from her, she's harmful." Alex narrowed his eyes at Amy, not paying attention to our talk.

"Excuse you. It's my girlfriend you are talking about.", Dylan interrupted, taking a bite of salad.