98

A/N: Also, we're over 100k reads??? I LOVE YOU ALL <3

The whole team was sprinting. Nobody, not even Steve, wanted to hang around and find out the kind of damage the aliens could do. The best bet was to just escape.

Y/n was running as fast as she could through the giant play structure, cursing pretty loudly as the aliens were basically nipping at her ankles. Maybe it wasn't a great idea to take her boots off, because now she couldn't kick the creatures away without the possibility of losing a foot. The adrenaline coursing through her was the only source of energy keeping her going - well, at least that was what y/n assumed, because she knew her two hours of sleep definitely wasn't the thing that was keeping her going. "Shit!" Y/n yelled to herself as she ran, grabbing a foam pillar as she swung herself around a corner. God, maybe dancing all the way up to the highest floor of the play structure wasn't the best idea.

"Language!" Steve suddenly scolded over the earpiece, causing the rest of the team to begin to chime in with laughter and teasing.

"Did Cap just say... 'Language'?" Tony teased, the sound of him creating shortcuts with the blasters becoming pretty loud over the earpiece.

"He sure did." Nat laughed, beginning to tie a rope to one of the foam pillars so she could scale don the rest of the structure.

"You used to swear all the time as a kid, Steve! Why're you acting like such a prude now?" Bucky teased, wanting to join in on the commotion. Plus, he could never pass up a chance to make fun of his best friend.

"Guys-" Steve tried to interrupt, sighing out of embarrassment. He didn't mean to say it, he just wasn't focusing properly. But, the team was never going to let him live that one down. Never.

"You know we're not in front of the public right now Cap, right? No kids around, just us. There's no need to be a model citizen." Y/n hummed, a smile on her face as the team continued to make fun of him. God, only this team could mess around in such a serious situation. They were all being chased by murderous aliens, but instead found making fun of Steve more interesting. Y/n was currently crawling on her stomach inside one of the tunnels, trying her hardest to navigate the play structure. The aliens were loud behind her, but she seemed to be gaining some sort of speed, just enough that they couldn't attack. Well, that was what she thought until she looked ahead of herself.

There were a group of aliens at the exit to the tunnel, snarling and racing toward her at pretty high speeds. She was surrounded. Aliens behind her, aliens in front of her. Great. Y/n sat up, trying to figure out the best way to escape. She had less than a minute before the aliens were on top of her. She reached into her pockets, cursing to herself as she pulled out a big bundle of bombs that she still had. This was the only way. Y/n tossed a few of the bombs in each direction, reaching up to touch her earpiece. "Bruce, detonate the bombs!" She commanded over the loud screeching and snarling.

"What?! Everyone's still inside!" Bruce responded in confusion. His hand hovered over the detonate button, staring at the building with wide eyes. Those bombs were powerful, and the team had planted hundreds, it wasn't going to be a pleasant explosion.

"Do it!" Y/n shouted, the aliens getting closer and closer with every second that passed. She continued to throw bombs in both directions, making sure that there weren't any left in her pockets. "Bruce! Do it. Now!" She yelled through the earpiece, preparing to try and blast the aliens away. They were getting closer and closer, barely a few steps away. The whole team were yelling over their earpieces as they emptied their pockets of bombs, preparing for a big explosion.

And, just in time, Bruce pressed the button. 

The whole building erupted in a series of explosions, the play structure beginning to crumble with the team still inside. The blue goop of alien guts spattered everywhere, covering every wall, every toy, everything. Or, at least what remained of the building.

The tunnel that y/n was trapped in exploded into several pieces. She had curled herself up into a ball to brace for impact, staying in that position as her piece of the tunnel fell and came crashing down into a ball pit. Usually that'd be something that y/n would be happy about, but not when every ball was covered in a thick layer of goop. "Gross..." She murmured to herself, grimacing as she crawled out of the broken tunnel and into the sticky ball pit. She kept her hands up in the air in attempt to not touch the goop, but the rest of her was already drenched.

"Hey, y/n? Maybe taking our shoes off wasn't the best idea..." Scott sighed over the earpiece, the disgust obvious in his voice.

Y/n climbed up and out of the ball pit, frowning as she stepped over debris and alien guts. "Yeah, this isn't very fun." She responded over the earpiece, staring down at her socks which were now drenched in alien goo. This definitely wasn't how she expected the mission to go. Y/n was just having a good time with her music, and then she runs into a random group of strangers that disappeared when everything went wrong. She still couldn't process it all. How was the team going to believe that she saw a green woman, a smiling pile of sticks, a talking raccoon, and an egotistical man? Well, they'd understand the egotistical man. There were quite a few of those in the team already.

As y/n continued to navigate out of the destroyed building, she heard a pained groan coming from a big pile of debris. She frowned, turning around to face the noise. That didn't sound alien. That sounded like someone in the team. "Hey, who's that? Are you okay?" She asked, pulling out her pistol just in case. But, as she walked closer, she noticed Steve's shield on the ground just a few feet away.

Steve was flat on his back, a pained look on his face as he tried to move. His leg was trapped under a giant piece of the play structure, and he couldn't move from where he was positioned, but that didn't stop Steve from trying. "I'm fine." He huffed, trying to push it off of himself, not realising he was just making it worse. He didn't want help. That's why he didn't say anything over the earpiece.

Y/n raised her eyebrows at the sight, putting her hands on her hips as she watched him struggle. "Of course you are." She sighed. If she was on good terms with Steve, she would've immediately jumped in to help. But he was still acting pretty cold with her, despite Natasha's extensive scolding. So, the least y/n could do was watching him struggle for a few more moments.

Once those moments passed, y/n sighed. His struggling was just looking pathetic now. She had to step in. "Here, let me help." Y/n hummed, stepping forward so she could figure out how to get Steve out.