Chapter 3

"Hi," a deep, masculine voice which I recognised said behind me as I enter the door.

I looked behind to see Jackson smiling at me. I smiled back at him and said a shy "hi."

"Why are you so shy?" Seth laughed.

"Shutup. I was always shy," I said, blushing a little. 

Jackson laughed and said, "it's okay, you don't know me well yet," I nodded.

"I'm so smart," Jackson grinned. Seth snorted.

"Yeah right, if you were smart, I'd probably be a genius," he said.

"Then what would I be? Einstein?" I joked.

They laughed. We walked into the living room of Ryder's house. Well, it's kinda obvious that Ryder is rich. This house practically like heaven. Okay, I'm exaggerating, but you get what I mean. But he's not like a billionare. To me, he's freaking rich. I mean it's not everyday you meet people that rich.

"So...why am I needed here?" I asked.

"Because Seth is an idiot," Jackson said flatly.

"What?! I am not!" Seth quickly denied and they continue bickering.

I shook my head and secretly ship these two together.

Seth pulled me to Ryder's car after school and told me I'm needed somewhere. And that somewhere is Ryder's house. Aw, how wonderful to be dragged about. Note the sarcasm.

"Okay, enough. Well, this is about you, Avery. Since you will be part of us, you will be in great danger," Ryder started off seriously.

I stared at him wide eyed.

"What? So being with you guys will be dangerous. I didn't thought of that! What did I signed myself to," I sighed.

"Don't worry, you've got us," Jackson said cockily.

"But with you here, I don't think I'll be safe," I joked.

"You hurt me, Avery, you hurt me. My heart is bleeding already," he said dramatically while putting his hand to his heart.

"Well, we caused a lot of troubles so you may or may not be in danger. You might find a stranger at your door step. And then then next you know, you're kidnapped,"

"But what if she doesn't realise she's kidnapped,"

"Shut up, Seth," Jackson said while glaring at him.

Ryder ignored them and continued.

"There might be people who will target you because you hang out with us. So if you think you are followed, call one of us. Seth and Jackson may be idiots but they are good at fighting-" upon hearing this, they stood straighter and tried to look imtimidating-"so they will protect you. You will also need to learn how to fight, well at least the basics"

"Who will teach me?" I asked.

"Me," Ryder said, he smiled slightly.

"Good luck," Jackson said smirking.

"What, why?"

"He is very strict. Well, when he teaches you, you'll know," he laughed.

"Don't worry. Since you're a girl, I won't be that strict," Ryder smiled.

"Let's go, Avery," Jackson said while grabbing my arm and dragging me outside.
"Where are you bringing me?"

"Eat," he replied.

"He's a pig," Seth snorted.

"Hey! I'm a guy. And a guy has to eat! Don't as if you don't eat a lot," Jackson countered.

"Alright, alright. Let's go," I interreupted.

We hopped in Ryder's car.  I called shotgun. Ryder was driving and the rest at the back.

-----

So hey, I'm back. Decided to stop there cause there will be more of Ryder in the next chapter. Not much Jackson but... there will be more.

So I shall stop here then.

Thanks for reading.

Comment, Vote And Follow! :)

Elysia.

(( not sure if you've noticed. I decided to change the way I sign off *laughcry emoji*))