Chapter 3

{Oliver}

Mallory is something, she was right about me knowing her name but not really knowing her. How could someone that looks like her be so violent? She can't be taller than 5'6 and she's fairly thin yet so strong. Watching her kill that guy was like watching a mafia hit on tv. This is all still brand new to me.

She limps out of the bathroom and sits on the couch staring out the window. Her dark curly brown hair was still wet, my clothes were baggy on her but she looked...never mind. I moved to the couch leaving enough space in between us.

"What was the name he called you," I asked her

"What?" She turned to me.

"The name you said he couldn't call you. What was it?"

"Mally."

"Why couldn't he call you it?"

She rolls her eyes, taking a deep breath and glaring at me.

"Because only one person has ever called me that."

I decided to stay quiet because I don't want to push.

"It was my mom," she said quietly looking back out the window.

"Where is she?"

"Dead."

"What happened to her?"

She takes a long pause, "I killed her," her voice cracked.

My heart dropped, why would she do that? I'd give anything to have my mom back.

"Don't stay silent. I didn't have a choice," Her voice cracked again.

"I'm sorry."

Mallory doesn't say anything back to me.

"Do you want anything to eat? The sun is going to rise in a few hours."

"You still have blood all over you."

I looked down and she was right, my shirt still had blood on it from her. But I can't just leave her in here while I take a shower, I don't trust her. I pull my shirt over my head and throw it in the trash.

"Are you just going to stare at me?" I laugh

"I'm not staring, I'm glaring." Mallory rolls her eyes, "Just make the food."

I have to laugh at that and how she's always rolling her eyes.

I go into the kitchen and quickly make us food. As I'm making our food I can't help but wonder why she's always looking out the window. I would ask but I can't let myself get close to her, she's just business.

I set our plates on the table and she limps over to eat. Damn, maybe I shouldn't have shot her, oh well.

We eat our food while watching a random channel on the tv. After we're finished I put our plates in the sink and Mallory starts to go back into the room.

"Are you going to sleep?" I ask her.

"Duh," she spoke.

I also go back to the couch to go to sleep.

I can feel my phone vibrate under me and the sun beaming into the living room. I grab it and read the name of who's calling me, It's Tristen Kane. I quickly clear my throat and get ready to answer the phone.

"Hello Mr. Kane," I say quietly enough to make sure Mallory doesn't hear me.

"Do you have my daughter?"

"Yes sir."

"You have three days to bring her to me."

"Ok si-"

He hangs up before I can finish my sentence.

I peek my head into the room to see if Mallory was still asleep. Great she is, now I can take my shower. I quickly grab some clothes and quietly close the door and go into the bathroom.

This chapter was pretty short but it was just to get Oliver's pov. This book switches pov between characters a lot so make sure you pay attention.