60.

*Unedited*

He couldn't forgive her but more than that he couldn't forgive himself.

His mother was met with an accident and he was the last one to know. He knew that her mother was not safe with his father but he left her there unguarded and unprotected.

What was he thinking?

He clenched his fist and punched the wall, pain travelled through his right arm but it didn't reduce even a ounce of anger Aaron was feeling.

He remembered the time when he was little and when his father used to beat his mother, he would be hiding in other room inside the closet and under the bed, because he would be so afraid.

He used to tell himself that he couldn't do anything, he couldn't save his mother because he didn't had the strength to fight his father. And when he got tired of being afraid, tired of seeing his mother get abused very day, tired of being in an abusive environment all the time, he chose to leave. He didn't chose to fight, running away seem the better option, but it was an easy option.

When his mother was so dedicated to his abusive father and wasn't willing to fight for herself, why would he do it for her and what could he do?

But what was the excuse now, for being a coward again. For leaving his mother to breathe the same space as his abusive Dad.

"Calm down, Aaron." His best friend Ethan said across from the room.

"Not now, Ethan." Aaron pulled away himself from wall still seething.

He was in his office with Ethan, when Mia called, he was happy because finally his wife had time to talk to him rather than texting him that she was busy. Aaron regarded her messages and was waiting for her to be free for him.

He respected her decisions and this was what he got in return. She didn't tell him about his mother's health and her condition when she should have.

As if she didn't knew that how much he love his mother and no business will came for him when it's about his mother and his family. He begin to question that did she even know him. He didn't said anything when Mia didn't tell him about her meeting with Sophia and he let it slide. But this was unacceptable.

"You know it's not Mia's fault. You know Aaron, I know you know." Ethan argued.

"She could have told me sooner. She shouldn't have lied to me." Aaron replied in a clipped tone.

"She told you now. And you didn't even let her finish." Aaron didn't answered and just told Ethan to arrange a medical team to send to India. Ethan knew best doctors in USA and Aaron trusted his friend with this work.

When Ethan was making this arrangement, Aaron sat of the sofa thinking. He was tempted to call Arnav and demand answers from him that why didn't he called him first. But he knew that he was angry and he would say the wrong things and situation would get more worse.

He realised if the times had come to this, his relationship with his brother is not bad, it's tattered.

He sat there his head held in between his hands, eyes closed, a headache forming between his eyes.
He opened his eyes when Ethan came back and informed that he had made the necessary arrangements.

Aaron didn't said anything and they sat in silence before Ethan decided to leave but not before saying,
"You should talk to her, don't jump to conclusions on your own."

Aaron knew he would talk to her, when he would see the voice of the reason but that was not now.

*

Mia was restless.

Aaron didn't talked to her after that day. But a team of doctors and nurses arrived the next day to check up on Meera Ma's health. Doctors told Arnav that they themselves were providing extra facilities from the hospital.

When Meera Ma get discharged, she came to their holiday home and stayed there. Mia also stayed there for next two weeks. All the staff was already there and they took great care of Meera Ma along with her.

Meera Ma had sent Arnav back to the city house, she didn't want him to worry and focus more on business, same thing that she said to Aaron. Mia was grateful for the time she spent with her mother-in-law, she got to know childhood stories of all three brothers and many other things about the family. But Meera Ma avoided talking about Mr. Keshav, her husband, and didn't revealed more about her accident than she did before nor did Mr. Keshav contacted her during this time.

After over a month, when Meera Ma got better and was able to do things on her own, she came back to Delhi. She wanted to talk to Aaron before coming back but he didn't respond to her calls. She called Arnav and informed him about Meera Ma's condition and about her leaving.

All the time, she didn't have a moment to look back on her feelings but now when she got back in her routine of going to college and coming back to her apartment, Was she feeling the burnt of her carelessness.

She was hugely disappointed in herself and her decisions.

That wasn't a new thing.

And was spending every night crying herself to sleep.

Everytime she tried contacting to Aaron and he didn't replied, she questioned why she didn't listened to her mother and went with him.

Her new routine also comprises calling Meera Ma and remind her to take her medicines on time even though all the nurses and doctors that Aaron sent was there for her. She didn't necessarily have to do that but talking to Meera Ma make Mia feel better about a lot of things going on.

Mia also talked to Krish about how he was doing, and he told to her that their mother was doing good.

Other than that, Mia's life felt like a long distance relationship gone wrong.

And, Only she was to blame for that.

No wonder her mother hated her. She grimly thought.

Her thoughts ventured to the day when Aaron had left. They were in the hotel, in each other's arms.
And wondering why they did what they did just before they were going to separate.But both of them knew, their act of passion hold a lot of meaning for themselves and each other.

The thoughts of that night brought a small smile on Mia's lips but they couldn't wipe her tears away.

*****

Happy New year, 2022!🥳🥳

May this year bring happiness and smiles in the world, and to everyone reading this story. Your support always encourage me and I am very grateful for that and your love❣️

Thank you for being here. You know you are awesome, right☺️

Hope you liked the chapter.

Kai_po_che!

*****