77.

"Aaron." Mia whispered quietly.

Aaron was looking at the stars covered with dark clouds but moon was glowing through the sides of them creating his shadow through the wall sized glass window. He turned when Mia called him, she was sitting on the bed, moonlight shining on her as all the lights in their room was off. Aaron could not make her features in the dark but she was looking ethereal nonetheless. Just looking at her was enough for Aaron to forget his problems.

After what happened in the living room, Aaron was not able to make peace with himself. Because of his cowardliness, his family has suffered injustice. He should have never left his family here alone in the clutches of the bastard. Why wasn't he able to saw the hurt he was causing to his brother? Why didn't his brother came to him all this time? He didn't have any answers to this questions. The night was long. He tried to sleep but he couldn't, so he let himself drift away in thoughts, which leads to nowhere.

But looking at Mia felt like he has a centre where he can focus, a place where he can be without any worries. A place where he can forget himself and just exist and even than he would have meaning.

She had become strong for him. He can see it, he can feel it and Now it was time for him to do the same. He cannot drift away again and would not look at the precious things right in front of him. He cannot be so much focused on the chaos that he would loose sight of calm. He cannot let the past define his future.

"My love." He replied, "Sorry, I couldn't sleep." He moved towards her stopping a foot away from the bed. She came and hugged him, "It's okay. Everything is going to be alright." She whispered in the silence. Aaron believed her words. And because he was going to make sure that everything was alright with them.

The time flowed as they just stood there. Night was so silent that thay could hear each other's heartbeat. And feel them beating in sync.

"Are you tired, my love?" Aaron asked.

"No." Mia shook her head and looked up to meet his eyes. "Why did you ask?"

"Because I want to make love to you." Mia blinked.
She tried to move away but he held her close, tightening his arms around her waist.

"Aaron, you just recovered from the accident." She said with concern.

"And I have healed." Aaron didn't let her say anything as he stepped away and unbuttoned the shirt he was wearing. He tried to put it away but Mia took it from him and she held it close. She closed her eyes, Aaron could imagine how many times she had held his shirt this way trying to find him.

"I know you want me, wife. And I want you too." She opened her eyes as Aaron took the shirt from her and hugged her. "Please let me show you how much I want you."

"Aaron, its been a long time." She mumbled quietly.

"I know." That's all he said as he put his shirt away and pulled Mia close and kissed her. "I don't want you to wait any longer."

"Okay." Mia whispered shakily as she traced the outlines of his barely visible tattoo. "I want you too. I had missed you." That was all Aaron wanted to hear.

They haven't been this close since he got out from the hospital. They had kissed here and there but Aaron was really recovering. But he could feel Mia's gaze on him whenever she thought he was not watching her. She could hide her shyness and her insecurities from him but not her desire. Every lingering gaze, every lasting touch told him, how much she wants to be closer to him. As close as they can.

Aaron untucked the folds of her pink saree and it frizzled in a wavy mess on the floor as he slowly undid the fabric from her waist and shoulder. Mia breath deeply and her touch faltered as he undressed her bit by bit, cloth by cloth. The darkness didn't allow him to see her but he could feel that she was really being undone by him. She was letting the walls collapse that she had created all this time to sheild her from pain and loneliness.

Only if Aaron could take it back and protect her from all the pain, he would.

"Mia, are you crying? I would stop if you want me to." He touched her cheek to feel wetness on them. He didn't realise that she was crying.

"No." She kissed him and whispered into the kiss, "No, I don't want you to stop."

He lifted her off the floor in bridal way before settling her on the bed. "I love you. You are my heart." He confessed in the dark.

"I love you too." She replied slowly.

He tried to ease her, ease her heart as he poured kisses all over her body. Every kiss lasted a second because he wanted to take this moment slow. Every touch elicited a response from her, a sweet response. He did this until every fibre of her was dripping with need. As time passed, Aaron questioned that he was torturing her or himself.

Mia whimpered at his caresses and he knew he was torturing her. He relented as the night went on, before they finally lost themselves in each other, in blinding pleasure. Only remembering each other's name and all the world forgotten.

The night was long.

*****

Why do I feel like, I was secretly eavesdropping on a very private moment????