Chapter 2: Welcome Home, Old Geezer

3rd Person's POV

"I'm so sorry!" Nana squeaked out an apology and bowed to Principal Nezu and the other pro-heroes in shame and guilt.

Right now, they were all standing outside of the U.S.J building along with the other students from Class 1-A. Police and detectives were also present at the scene to investigate the villain attack that happened an hour prior.

"I'm really sorry!" Nana repeated her apology, still bowing down. "I know I'm neither a student nor a pro-hero. So for me being here and fighting with the villains is totally inconvenient. I was being reckless. And because of that, I'll accept any punishment."

The whole Class 1-A was now staring at Nana as if she were some kind of alien.

"So, this is Nana Osaki..." Iida whispered.

"Yeah, she was so cool out there!" Ashido beamed. "She fought with that monster all by herself until All Might walked in!"

"She was super strong and super fast!" Sero added.

"She's a total babe!" Mineta drooled over the ravenette girl.

"She's so manly!" Kirishima grinned. "She even scared Bakugo!"

"Tch!" Bakugo clicked his tongue in annoyance.

Todoroki on the other hand didn't say anything as he remained completely quiet like always. He just kept staring at the Osaki girl with narrowed eyes, carefully observing her.

"Well, it's true that you were being reckless and fought with those villains when you knew that they were after you..." Nezu stated. "Yes, it was totally inconvenient. If we want, we can give you severe punishment."

In response to this, Nana kept her head low with a pained expression on her face. Her vision was getting blurry and watery.

'Shit! I lost the chance of being a student at U.A High... I lost the chance of being a hero...'

"But we'll not..." Nezu added with a smile on his face.

"Huh? What?" Nana asked, totally confused as she looked up at him with wide eyes. "Really?"

"Yes, what you did was reckless and inconvenient, but you saved our students' lives." Nezu chuckled. "You fearlessly fought with the villains, especially that gigantic monster, all by yourself, until All Might came to the scene. You were injured, but you didn't give up. You fought till the very end. Nana Osaki, you'll be a great hero one day... I'm proud of you, my child. The world really needs a hero like you..."

"So, I'm not getting punished?" Nana asked in surprise, her facial expression relaxed a bit. "Will I be able to get into U.A. High and become your student?"

"Of course!" the Principal laughed out loud with a huge grin. "You're more than welcome at U.A. High. In fact, you're already a student! I've accepted your application. So from the next day, you'll be attending classes!"

Nana couldn't help but tear up at that moment. A smile formed on her face and she sighed in relief that she didn't get into trouble.

"Now, now, there." Midnight chuckled as she walked toward Nana and gave her a bear hug. "Don't cry you, silly girl! You did what was right. We're all proud of you!"

"Three cheers for our Nana-chan!" Present Mic cheered. "HIP HIP HURRAY!!"

"Jeez, you guys are giving me too much credit" Nana chuckled, wiping her tears away.

"You deserve that!" Present Mic grinned, patting her head. "You're amazing!"

"We're all glad that nothing happened to you." Midnight scolded her in a motherly tone. "Don't be so reckless in the future."