Chapter 4: I Won't Hold Back Either!

(The UA Sports Festival Arc)

Nana's POV

The UA sports festival was in two weeks. It would be broadcast live on TV too. There was no doubt that those who did well had a much better chance of becoming pro-heroes. We would know what events we would be participating in until the day of. But I was sure everyone had started getting ready. Time passed in the blink of an eye on the morning of the sports festival arrived.

Right now, we the students from Class 1-A were all in the Class 1-A assigned dressing room.

"Man... I wanted to wear my costume..." Ashida whined with a pouty face.

"To keep everything fair we can't..." Ojiro responded, smiling sheepishly.

"I wonder what the first round is gonna be..." Sato muttered, wondering.

"No matter what comes we have no choice but to deal with it..." Tokoyami stated with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Right." Shoji agreed and nodded his head.

Then all of a sudden, someone opened the door of the room and we all turned around to find Iida in the doorway.

"Everyone, are you ready?" Iida asked, looking around. "We will be entering soon!"

At that moment, Todoroki walked past Iida and entered the room as well.

"Midoriya..." the bi-colored-haired boy called out in a firm yet monotone voice.

"Todoroki-kun? What is it?" Midoriya asked nervously, standing up from his seat.

"Looking at things objectively, I think I'm stronger than you..." Todoroki stated monotonously, furrowing his eyebrows a bit.

"Huh? Y-Yeah..." Midoriya stuttered in a mumbling tone, confused.

"But All Might has his eye on you, doesn't he?" Todoroki added, narrowing his sharp eyes at the poor green-haired boy. "I'm not trying to pry about that. But I'm going to beat you."

"Oh? Is the best in the class making a declaration of war?" Kaminari smirked, getting invested in this newfound rivalry.

"Hey hey hey! Why are you picking a fight all of a sudden? Not now, we're about to start!" Kirishima chimed in with a frown as he put a hand on Todoroki's shoulder.

"We're not here to play at being friends." Todoroki scowled, pushing Kirishima's hand from his shoulder. "So what does it matter?"

After a moment of silence, Midoriya finally spoke up in a quiet yet firm tone.

"Todoroki-kun..." Midoriya muttered with a determined look on his face. "I don't know what you were thinking when you said you'd beat me, but of course, you're better than me. I think you are more capable than most people... looking at it objectively..."

"Midoriya, you probably shouldn't talk so negatively..." Kirishima stated nervously, concerned.

"But everyone..." Midoriya continued, now frowning. "The students from the other courses are aiming for the top with everything they have got! I can't afford to fall behind! I'll be going for it with everything I have too!"

"Yeah..." Todoroki responded, nodding his head which seemed like he was satisfied with his answer before turning to look over at me. "And Osaki..."

"Hmm? Yes?" I asked and looked over at him, raised an eyebrow.

"I have seen your quirk at USJ. However, right now, I don't want to judge your strength or your other capabilities. I just want to say that I see you as a rival as well." Todoroki added firmly, causing my lips to curl up into a small smirk.