Chapter 7: Thanks For Your Concern, Bakugo

Third Person's POV

Bakugo groaned in pain as he slowly opened his eyes but immediately shut them again when the bright light of the room hit his vision. He was about to rub his eyes with his hands when he felt a sharp pain in his neck. Bakugo cursed under his breath and sat straight up before immediately regretting the action as it led to even more discomfort throughout his whole body. When he put a hand on his neck region, he felt bandages wrapped around it.

"I see you're awake..." a feminine voice spoke up, surprising the boy.

Bakugo turned around to see Recovery Girl standing at the doorway with a soft yet straight look on her face. The sight of her just standing there made Bakugo furrow his eyebrows deeply in confusion and annoyance. She then slowly made her way over to him and stood beside his bed before reaching out and placing her hands on his cheeks.

"That's what you get for pushing yourself too far, young man..." she sighed heavily as she pursed her lips while holding his face in a vice grip.

"H-Hey! W-Wait!!" Bakugo stuttered out, trying to push her away from him.

"CHUU!~"

In response, Bakugo quickly shoved the nurse away from him after Recovery Girl planted a big ol' smooch on his cheeks and he began to gag and wipe his face furiously while scowling at the elderly woman. The pain quickly went away but later he felt fatigue wash over him.

"It's almost time for your final match..." She reminded him. "If you're too tired, I can call the board and-"

"Fuck no!" Bakugo snapped, scoffing at the woman. "I'm gonna beat that half-and-half bastard with closed eyes and become the No. 1!"

"I figured you'd say something like that..." Recovery Girl sighed once again before she took a small pill and a glass of water from her table and handed it to Bakugo. "This should help with the drowsiness. You'll feel some aches here and there but you'll be able to walk and use your quirk at the very least."

Bakugo simply nodded his head in response and swallowed the pill without uttering a single word.

"Nana was here earlier, you know..." She mentioned in a soft tone.

"Huh?" Bakugo asked in confusion, raising an eyebrow in surprise.

"Right after you passed out from her attack and exhaustion, she came to see you. She was feeling guilty for hurting you like that. She was really worried and scared... She was crying..." the woman added the details.

Upon hearing that, Bakugo's eyes went wide open as he stared at the elder lady, flabbergasted.

"Nana's first quirk... the Ghoul quirk... she inherited from her father, Daisuke Osaki." Recovery Girl continued, reminiscing the past. "She was very little when she first activated her quirk. With the help of both her parents, she learned how to control her quirk, especially the Ghoulish traits, and characteristics she possessed because of the quirk. She learned how to control her hunger for human flesh with the help of her father. Unfortunately, when she was still very young, her parents, who were scientists, were killed in a villain attack at an important event in I-Island. Aizawa is Daisuke's cousin making him Nana's relative, so he took her in. When the villains learned about Daisuke's quirk and its inheritor, they went after her. Ever since then, those villains were chasing her while the pro-heroes constantly kept her safe from them."

Recovery Girl took a deep breath, sighed heavily, and continued talking once again.

"Daisuke was respected by everyone around him. Never in his life had he put a scratch on someone let alone killed one. And Nana is determined to become just like her father, a kind and respected individual. You see, Nana is quite careless when it comes to maintaining her own diet. She attacked you because she didn't feed on human flesh for months which was very foolish of her. Every 1-2 months, she needs to feed on human flesh in order to keep her Ghoul side in control. Nana loves her Ghoul quirk because of her Kagune and the tremendous speed and strength she possesses because of it, but also at the same time, she hates it especially when she craves human flesh. I hope you understand her mental condition now, even if it's a little bit. She didn't mean any harm, boy and obviously, she didn't try to kill you." she concluded and for some reason, these words irritated Bakugo.