Chapter 14: What Is He To You?

Nana's POV (Two days later)

"The embers inside me have gone out." All Might said, who was now admitted to a hospital with bandages wrapped all around him. "The symbol of peace is dead. However... There's still something that I must do."

Right now, at this moment, All Might, Gran Torino, Detective Tsukauchi, and I were all in All Might's hospital room discussing whatever happened two days ago.

"Tomura Shigaraki..." I muttered, after hearing the whole story of Nana Shimura from both All Might and Gran Torino. "Nana Shimura's grandson huh?"

"That's just what All for One said, right?" Detective Tsukauchi asked All Might and Gran Torino. "That's not very much to go on. The two of you didn't have any interactions with the Shimura family?"

"No." Gran Torino replied, shaking his head.

"Why not?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Shimura's husband was killed, so she put her child in foster care to keep her child away from the hero world." Gran Torino started to explain. "She told Toshinori and me that she didn't want us to have any contact with the child, even if the worst were to happen to her."

"So your promise to the deceased backfired... That's sad..." Tsukauchi muttered sorrowfully.

"The blood relation that my master severed for the sake of peace..." All Might stated, looking down at his lap, frowning. "I must find Shigaraki... Find him and..."

"And what, Toshi-chan?" I raised an eyebrow.

"No. What are you planning to do once you find him?" Gran Torino asked, sighing. "You're not looking at him as a villain anymore. You'll definitely hesitate."

"No matter who he is related to, he is a criminal..." I added, pursing my lips a bit.

"Nana-kun's right." Gran Torino nodded his head in agreement. "Tsukauchi and I will investigate Shigaraki from here on out. You stay at UA and do everything you should be doing. Even if you cannot be the symbol of peace anymore, All Might is still alive."

I looked over at All Might and smiled warmly at him.

"Don't worry Toshi-chan. We'll find Shigaraki and bring him back on the right track." I reassured him, causing All Might to return the smile at me.

"Thank you, Nana-chan."

After visiting All Might at the hospital, Bakugo and I were sent to the police station for some inquiry on the League of Villains. After all, we were the ones who were being kidnapped by them. Kaneki, Shoto, Midoriya, Iida, Kirishima, and Yaoyorozu were also present at the police station for some inquiry as well for they were part of their 'Nana-Kacchan' rescue mission. When my inquiry session was over and I was allowed to go home, I noticed Shoto standing outside the police station, leaning against a pillar.

"Shoto?" I called out, walking up to him.

He turned around to look at me and pushed himself off the pillar.

"Hey." Shoto smiled at me.

"What're you doing here?" I asked in confusion, looking around. "Where's everyone else?"

"Everyone went back home..." he replied sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. "I was actually waiting for you."

"What is it?" I asked curiously, tilting my head to the side while Shoto looked away from me, frowning.

"Nana, I'm sorry." He muttered in a low tone and my eyes widened in surprise at his words.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.