Chapter 15: My Dear Tsubaki

(The Provisional Hero License Exam Arc)

Nana's POV

A Hero License bears with it the great responsibility of human life. The exam to receive one is very difficult. Even the provisional license has only a 50% passing rate each year. The job of a hero is to save people from danger like crimes, accidents, natural disasters, and man-made disasters. The exam to become one naturally looks at how well you're able to do that. Your ability to gather information, make decisions, moves, and fights, in addition to your ability to communicate, draw people to you, and lead, every year a different test is used to look at how well you're able to do those things. Of those, your ability to fight is especially important to your future as heroes. If you're prepared, you won't have to worry, whether or not you have an ultimate move will greatly affect whether or not you pass. Not being influenced by circumstances and being able to act consistently will make you a great asset on the front lines.

That's what old man Aizawa and other pro-heroes told us Class 1-A before the training for the Provisional Hero License Exam.

Aizawa, Mid Night, and All Might stood by the side and watched us train while pro-hero Ectoplasm and his clones were helping us in training. We were all training in Gym Gamma which had another name called 'Training Dining Land' or 'TDL'. Cementoss explained to us that he envisioned the TDL, as he was able to manipulate the concrete floor of the gym using his Quirk, thus allowing it to be used for many different environments and scenarios.

My training was divided into two different ways. One was simple hand-to-hand combat with one of Ectoplasm's clones to develop my Ghoul speed and strength even more while the other one was to see how easily I destroy Cementoss's concrete pillars and caters by simply shooting balls of compressed gravity or by punching them with bare fists by increasing my own density and altering my gravity or by shooting huge crystallized bullets from my Ukaku Kagune. I even planned on going to Aizawa's dojo to train even more with Kaneki, Yomo sensei, and old man Aizawa.

"Nana-chan, how is everything going?" a familiar masculine voice called out from behind me and I turned around to look around and flashed a smile at the individual.

"Toshi-chan!" I greeted and waved at him. "My training is going well."

The former No.1 hero grinned at me in his skeletal state, his body covered in bandages and his right arm in a cast.

"Shouldn't you still be recovering?" I asked worriedly.

"I'll be alright, Besides, I didn't want to miss out on your Ultimate Moves today..." he said, giving you a thumbs up.

"It's harder than I thought it would be." I smiled sheepishly at him in response.

"I'm sure a process such as this one is challenging for anyone." All Might said reassuringly.

"Yeah, especially for someone like him of course." I chuckled, looking over to Bakugo.

The angry blonde was grinning like a madman, concentrating his explosive energy on one point on his palm to create some kind of super laser. It blasted a hole clean through the skull of Ectoplasm's clone and he fell to the ground with a thud.

"AP Shot!" he smirked, satisfied with the Ultimate he had chosen.

"Advanced Placement?" I asked him teasingly with a playful smile on my face.

"Armor Piercing, you stupid woman!" He yelled at me, frowning before looking back at Ectoplasm. "Hey, my clone died, send over another one would you?!"

Ectoplasm gazed up at him with interest, impressed with his abilities. Although it was just a clone of himself, it still retained most of his stamina, strength, and fighting abilities; and Bakugo took it down without batting an eye.