Chapter 23: His Start, My Start

Nana's POV

It was a lovely Saturday noon and I was on my way heading back to the UA dormitory from Anteiku. It had been months since I last visited that place and I really missed Touka, Ayato, Kaneki, and Yoshimura-san a lot. So I thought of dropping by and paying them a visit like I always did.

As I slowly walked down the path of the busy city, I suddenly ran into two unexpected familiar figures.

"Yo, Nana-chan!"

I stopped on my track and let out a small groan as soon as the familiar voice reached my eardrums.

Why him?! Why does the universe hate me so much?!

I closed my eyes and let out a heavy sigh before turning my head toward the source of the sound.

"Hello, Keigo." I greeted the flirty blonde with a blunt expression.

I also noticed a brooding Endeavor standing right behind the teasing handsome blond young male.

"Hello, Enji-san." I bowed.

"Hello." Endeavor greeted back with a single head nod.

"Long time no see, Nana-chan." Keigo smirked and waved his hand at me. "How have you been?"

"I'm doing well..." I responded, slightly nodding my head. "Looks like you're doing fine as well I see."

"Yep." Keigo smiled brightly at me. "An hour ago Endeavor-san and I attended the JP Hero Billboard Chart announcement show and now we're heading to a restaurant to grab a bite. Come on, join us."

I looked over to Endeavor and noticed the usual angry look on his face. It looked like the Flame hero didn't care if I joined them or not. More precisely, it looked like he just wanted to go home, not wanting to deal with Keigo right now.

"No, thanks." I shook my head. "I've to go back to my dorm now. It's getting pretty late."

"Aww, come on now!" Keigo smirked as he moved closer and wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to his side, and leaning toward my face. "Don't be like this, princess. It's my treat. Join us."

I then started to blush at his sudden physical contact. I also noticed Endeavor was now looking over to Keigo with a deep scowl on his face as his eyes twitched in irritation. It looked like he didn't like the way Keigo was touching me. After all, I would still have been his future daughter-in-law if Touya was alive, and also I was the daughter of his best friends, so it made sense for him to get mad at the blonde young male.

"Hawks, let go of the girl." Endeavor stated firmly. "You're clearly making her uncomfortable."

Keigo quickly let go of me and put his hands up in defense.

"Sorry!" Keigo said, his smirk never wavered.

Clearly, he wasn't sorry at all.

"Let's just get going." Endeavor sighed before looking at me. "Nana, come and join us, otherwise this stubborn idiot won't let go of you."

I sighed and nodded my head.

"Fine, let's go."

Later we decided to have lunch at the Yakitori restaurant on the top of a building. We took our seats at a table beside a large window from where we could clearly see the city from above. I was sitting beside Keigo while Endeavor sat at the opposite side of the table.

"Oh, if you aren't going to have anymore, can I have it?" Keigo asked with a smile as he pointed a finger at Endeavor's plate.

"What a glutton. Eat what you want!" Endeavor grumbled with his arms crossed across his chest.