Chapter 26: We're Heroes Now!!

Nana's POV

After the announcement of us Class A winning the training exercise, Shinsou slowly walked up to my old man Aizawa and Vlad King as I watched the trio from the far.

"Sensei..." Shinsou said to Aizawa in a disappointed tone. "I couldn't do anything alone... I still lack strength... This was also supposed to serve as my interest exam too correct?"

"You knew!?" Vlad King gasped, looking back and forth between Aizawa and Shinsou.

Aizawa on the other hand kept his usual straight, bored look on his face.

"No, but considering the timing and format of this exercise...This format would easily let you test my abilities without any extra setup." Shinsou responded.

"He's very observant!" Vlad King muttered.

"In any case, it's time for our assessments..." Aizawa stated. "Hurry and return to your position."

When we all gathered around, Aizawa turned to look at Midoriya.

"In any case Midoriya... What the hell was that?" Aizawa asked. "Was it a new move derived from your quirk? How does it work?"

"An ebony mass brought forth from within..." Tokoyami stated.

"It kind of went wild but you got a name for it, right?" Kuroiro from Class B asked.

"And thank god Nana-chan acted real fast in that situation and pushed Midoriya out of the way!" Kaminari added. "Or else Monoma would've died then and there!"

I turned to look at Midoriya with a worried look.

What was he going to say?

"Well, I... I'm actually not too sure myself..." Midoriya muttered nervously. "My power overflowed and I wasn't able to suppress it. It will be like all that I had believed in up until now was stripped away. I myself was scared. But when Uraraka-san and Shinsou-kun helped to stop me, I realized that it wasn't that. If Shinsou-kun wasn't there to use his brainwashing to stop my thoughts, I'm not sure what would have happened. He asked me if it was a bluff but I legitimately didn't know what was going on. And not to mention, Nana-chan saved Monoma-kun's life by pushing me out of the way."

Midoriya looked over to me, Uraraka, and Shinsou and grinned brightly at us.

"So thank you to the three of you!" he beamed.

"I didn't actually do it just because of you, Midoriya..." Shinsou responded. "I was just following Uraraka's instructions... Or rather I saw that my teammates were being also attacked by that black thing and I knew that our chances of winning would be slim if that thing wasn't stopped. I stopped it because I wanted to fight you and win. It all happened by chance. I was only thinking of myself."

All of a sudden, Aizawa walked up to the purple-haired boy and strangled him with his weaponized wrapping cloth as he started to scold the boy.

"Violence!! PTA!! PTA!!" Kaminari and some other students shouted out.

"No one was expecting you to go that far..." Aizawa said to Shinsou, not giving damn care to the yelling in the background. "Everyone here has been training hard every day to be a hero who can save someone. Anyone who can get there instantly would be an All Might-level genius. You wouldn't be able to save anyone if you were only thinking of others. You can't help others if you don't have the power to help yourself. With that in mind, your actions were more than enough to pass."

"Shinsou..." I called with a smile, making him look over at me. "At the end when you let me into a one-on-one fight, you were trying to fight me with your own specialty right? Your reaction time was really quick plus the way you used the cloth was so almost identical to my old man Aizawa. And plus the way you helped Izuku was really cool, Shinsou!"