FIFTY EIGHT

For me, perfect moments used to come from grand gestures and epic monologues. Don't get me wrong, they still do, but I focussed so much on waiting for these moments to call them 'perfect' I lost out on realises that so many little moments in my life had been perfect. For example, now.

I let out a long, quiet sigh, feeling my heart beat steady as I snuggled further into Roman's chest. I knew it was morning, but I couldn't help but long for it to be night. I wanted to be here just a little longer.

Everything I felt in this moment clouded me in soft heavens of peace. The light songs of birds mixing with the calm melodies of the gentle breeze seeping in through the cracks of the window serenaded me. Rays of golden sun trickling upon the wooden floorboards, illuminating small slithers of air where dust molecules floated in slow, ethereal dances. Then there was the warm chest below my cheek, radiating its heat throughout my body, sending every muscle into a soothing comfort.

This was perfect.

I closed my eyes once more, savouring the strong, steady thumps of his heart, listening to it pick up as I ran my bare fingertips across the ridge of his muscles. Perfect.

I reopened my eyes and gazed up at him. Roman always looked so peaceful when he slept, I couldn't understand it. The boy probably had thousands of things running through his head by the second and yet in his sleep it seemed not a single thought swam through his mind. I wondered what he dreamt of. Was it me? Us? I dreamt of us.

We were driving around in his car, talking, singing to random songs, laughing at when we got the lyrics wrong. We went to the middle of a field, picnic blanket set up as we laid on it, both reading books, feet tickling legs, hands wandering, over clothes, then under. We peeled off our clothes. We had sex. The slow, tantalising kind that made your body ache in need but your heart burst in emotion. He whispered all kinds of things in my ear, sinful, sweet, teasing. And then we watched the sun go down, and all I could think was how happy I was.

I was sad to leave the dream, but as I felt him beneath me, all sadness was replaced with happiness. Love.

Roman's eyes began to open, and I quickly closed mine, pretending I wasn't creeping on him in his sleep. I felt the soft rise and fall of his chest as one of his hands brushed some strands of hair away from my face. His fingertips ran down my back, tracing small shapes before circling up to play with the ends of my hair.

"I know you're awake." He whispered in that insanely sexy morning voice. I still refused to open my eyes. "Sienna..." he cooed and let his hand travel over my shoulder. I buried my head into his chest so he couldn't see my smile. His fingers slipped under my shoulder and began to tickle me under my arms.

I jumped and squealed, wiggling around in the sheets in small giggles and buried myself under the covers to get him to stop. His light chuckles followed me, and I pocked my head out slightly from the covers to see his radiant smile and grinning eyes. The same eyes that caught mine and gleamed when he saw me.

"Hi." I whispered shyly, still buried in the duvet with only my head popping out.

His hand cupped my cheek, and he brushed his thumb over the soft skin, "Hi." He smiled back.

His fingers gently gripped my chin and guided me up to him, so he could place a long, simple kiss on my lips.

"Good morning." I whispered once more when he pulled away, so our lips were mere millimetres apart.

"It is now." He hastily whispered back and pulled me in for another long, gentle kiss.

"Mmmm..." I hummed against his lips. "It's a perfect morning." I said as soon as we pulled away.