Chapter 41: Lies

A/N Hello everyone!

Just to give you all a quick update: chapters have been a bit slow lately. I am currently taking summer classes and a lot of the labs and homework have been taking up my time. Instead of my weekly updates, things have now been kinda wavering at 2 weeks per chapter now. I'm sorry I haven't been consistent or have at least updated you all on the situation >~<

BUT!

Once we get closer to the end of August, I should have more free time on my hands. I'm still going to update Fractured, don't get me wrong, but the one shots book and their related projects will unfortunately have to go on hold and the weekly chapters are probably going to be once every two weeks now so I have enough time.

That being said, thank you all for being so patient and understanding. I know I need to do a better job of keeping you all in the loop and letting you all know when things happen, so thank you for sticking by me through it all.

Now, let's get on with the next chapter!

Hope you all enjoy!

Love ya guys! ^-^

-KittCat

P.S: Wattpad's word count is going nuts again. If it looks like something's missing from the chapter or something feels choppy, please let me know right away. There shouldn't be but I don't trust it right now. This chapter is a little over 5K but right now it says its at at 2K.

*Warning*: This chapter contains mentions of violence, mentions of abuse, and mentions of murder. Viewer discretion is advised please!

Leilah stood there, feeling like the world ceased to exist.

John, he-...

He was gone...

He had just upped and vanished and she had absolutely no idea where he could be.

What happened?! How could he have just disappeared from right under her nose?!

Where was he?! There was no way he could've left on his own! Not in the state he's currently in!

Why was he gone?! If he didn't escape, someone here must've taken him somewhere else!

What was she going to do?!

Leilah spun on her heel at a nauseating speed, trying to leave in search of answers. She took two steps towards the door before coming face to face with a man who looked just as bewildered as her.

Crystal blue eyes and brick red locks hovered in her gaze as Keon's sight swept around the room. His hand hovered over his wrist but it fell away as something dropped to the floor with a clatter. It seemed like a watch of some sort. His eyes landed on the bloody jacket in her ironclad grip and by the way his face seemed to scrunch up with shock, he could sense her emotions right now with that passive of his.

His mouth opened and he had the damn audacity to say: "What the hell did you do Leilah?!"

Leilah dropped the jacket in her grip as she grabbed the man by his shirt collar in a mock up of their encounter a couple of months ago. She pressed him against the wall with bruising force.