Chapter 1: Run Away Baby!

Ashera walked out of the castle of the Elven kingdom at the dead of night. Ashera looked at the kingdom regrettably, it truly was a beautiful kingdom of nature and flowers. Fitting for the beautiful elves. Ashera wanted to explore more, to see the waterfall that carried endless petals and the lovely springs in the cave. There was so much she wanted to do, but she made another choice that she will never regret.

She will never regret this decision.

You're free from Ashera, Heroine and the Elf Prince.

You won't have any troubles anymore.

Prince Ruven, I truly admired you in the novel, but you are my enemy.

She adjusted her cloak and no longer placed her attention on the kingdom. She had family to protect.

And without a trace, Ashera vanished from the Kingdom of elves...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A village far away...

"Whew!"

It was daytime and Ashera was by the forest. It had already been a week since she left the kingdom. She rested from village to village and couldn't find a proper one to settle down in. As expected, there was a search party of elves looking for her in every corner of every village she visits. Elves usually do not leave their kingdom and homes, so it was quite a rare sight for the humans when they saw elves about and asking them if they had seen her.

Ashera moved further and further away until she found a hidden village in the forest.

"Finally..."

Ashera read the novel "Mystical Blossom" multiple times, and she never heard of this village before. So the likelihood of the Heroine and Ruven finding this village is impossible. They should just leave me alone and live happily right now. Right now, they're probably in Ruven's room and he's getting comforted by the Heroine.

The Heroine, Lily, is a commoner elf and could not be a part of the candidates for Ruven's marriage. Ruven fell in love with her at first and Ashera and the villainess were jealous for that. Anyways, I really was just a small role to prove how much Ruven loves Lily instead of the other elves. The villainess is the one who constantly gets in the way of their love and was a true rival.

"Time to head in..."

Making sure that everything was safe from her view, she carefully walked right into the village. The people went about their day and didn't mind the presence of the new arrival. It was a simple village, not too large and not too small. Ashera finds herself in the market area, bustling with people and sellers.

She approached a woman by the vegetables stand. "Excuse me?"

The woman turns to her with a smile. "Hello dear, what is it?"

Ashera asks. "May I ask where the Inn is?"

The woman nods, a smile still remaining on her face. "Yes, it's right over there."

She pointed to the direction and Ashera thanks her. "Thank you ma'am."

The woman waves at her and returns to her shopping. Ashera goes to the lovely Inn and enters. The first floor was divided into two halves. The right half was the tavern and the left half had the receptionist's table. It was quite empty for early in the morning. There were only a few people eating breakfast and a few coming in and out of the inn. Ashera approached the girl at the reception. She had bright orange hair tied to a braid. She looked pretty young and had freckles across her face. "Good morning, I would like to rent a room for day."

"Yes, that would be 10 copper coins please!"

"Here you go."

Before Ashera left, of course she packed the necessary items and prepared herself for the journey. Ashera felt comfortable and took off her hood in front of the girl and handed her the then copper coins. "Huh?"

Ashera wondered why the girl suddenly froze and stared at her in awe.

"Miss?"

"You're an elf..." The girl muttered.

"Y-Yes..." Ashera really didn't need to hide it.

"You're so pretty!" The girl exclaimed loudly and everyone in the first floor looked at them. They were all silenced. It was quite a surprise to see an elf, a truly rare sight. Ashera chuckled nervously and waved at everyone to not mind them.

"Please don't mind me."

"What is a pretty elf like you doing here?"

"Oh, I'm just a traveler."

"Welcome to our humble and simple village! We don't get many visitors here other than a few travelers and wandering merchants. Make yourself at home."

"Thank you."

The girl rummages through a few of the drawers and gives Ashera a key. "Your room is up at the second floor, room 203."

"Thank you again. Oh, and before I go. There's something else I would like to ask."

"What is it?"

"Do you happen to know where I can apply for a job?"

"You want to work?"

"Uh yes. Actually, I really want to settle down and thought this village was perfect for that. After I settle in my room, I'll go find some place else to live in the village and find a job."

"I see, then why don't you work with us!" The girl suggested. "We can have you work as a waitress for the tavern and you can take Room 203 for as long as you like!"

Wow, that was easier than I thought. Ashera thought. But she gives a pretty good offer and I can take care of my baby here quite safely.

"Really?"

The girl nods. "Yes really! I'll talk to the boss about it! My name is Jill! Nice to meet you miss...?"

"Um...just call me Ash."

"Alright, nice to meet you miss Ash! Wait here, I'll go find the boss."

The girl left the counter and ran upstairs. Ashera smiles and sighs in relief. She has a really good feeling about this village and everything is working out so perfectly recently. She hoped she didn't jinx it because she thought of this, but she couldn't help it. She lifted her cloak and looked at her belly and as expected, it was still flat. But Elf pregnancies were quite and only took about 5 months. Ashera knew about this because the Heroine got pregnant by the end of the novel too and started showing around 5 weeks.

"I can't wait to meet you...Oh, I should start thinking of names. I can really tell you're a boy, so let's see...."

She quietly thought about her baby's name, seated at one of the tavern's tables.

She can't wait to meet her little prince.

~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading guys! Is the first chapter okay? I had fun writing this! I hope you guys had fun reading!